WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to admit, I'm a watch novice and haven't yet dived into the art of changing, replacing and mixing straps up. When considering my own pieces, I actually sway a few different ways. Firstly, there's the sla033. Aside from the type of strap, I initially wasn't sure about the 19mm width. But this was simply because I'd previously been wearing a 22mm. The 19mm actually works much better, especially for the 033 as it gives it a premium and vintage feel. But I think the OEM strap for 033 is the one to stick with. I feel swapping the strap out nearly always detracts from the watch, at least on the evidence I've seen. This is one of those where a licence should be required.

On the other side of the coin is the srp777. Although the strap is comfortable and decent quality, I don't like the feeling the waves give. The raised element gives a perception of interruption from certain angles. Even so, I'm still of the view the integrity of the watch is still in some way connected to its original strap, so I'm not rushing to change it yet.

Then we come to bracelets, leather and nato straps. I won't lie, I'm not generally keen on bracelets. I think it sides going down the jewellery route rather than being about the watch. There's an element of irony about having a chunk of metal around the wrist for a tool watch. Nato straps are a bit different, I like them but rarely see an example where they actually look good. There are exceptions, but I think they often make a premium watch look like a budget piece. For the record, I don't actually mind that concept and maybe it's by part design. With regards to leather, it obviously encompasses a large spectrum. There's lots of variations but don't think they generally work with divers. Obviously there are exceptions.

·
Premium Member
71,555 Posts
Many watches can looks good on a range of straps/bracelets but there are some combos that should never be seen together regardless of whether they wave a licence or not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Straps that can double as a knuckle duster lol.
:LOL:

Just to avoid confusion, I don't mean people should literally apply for a licence for certain straps :cool:

I'm one for hearing other opinions and that includes those that are the complete opposite to mine. I think it's always good to keep an open mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts