WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which to get.

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  KillaSkill 
#1 ·
OK so I'm really wanting to get a Mudman, I like the style of the G9000 but I want solar and atomic. So what I've seen it's a toss up between the GW9000 with those dots above screen or the GW9010 with a weird arrowish thing above screen. Anyone have second opinions? I'm totally open to all suggestions, if there are other models that I wasn't sure of I'm good with that too.

#2 · (Edited)
GW-9300 and 9330s are solar/atomic (G-9300s are solar only)

Gw-9330 Rising Red

Another GW-9330, Initial Blue

GW-9300GB

#3 ·
KillaSkill,

I have the G9000 and love it. I saw the 9010 in stores and to me was not a pleasant watch to look at (subjective, I know). I will get a GW9000 next. I need to get one soon, I keep seeing the price rise on Amazon.

#9 ·
Aw dang. Now reading that it seems the GW9010 is slightly more loaded which appeals to me as I tend to like to get the most bang for my buck. As well showing date and day on screen is good. I'll have to sacrifice the style a bit for this one!

#11 ·
The GW-9000 has a very basic - outdated module in my opinion (only 1.5 second illumination duration, only 60 min timer for instance). The GW-9010 is technically more advanced but its weird look never appealed to me. The G-9000 is undoubtly the best mudman of this bunch with the best module and nicest backlight, despite the lack of solar/atomic.

But no matter what, all three of them have very hard to press buttons which totally kills the idea of an EDC watch for me. With dry fingers is is already difficult to press the buttons but with wet/sweaty fingers - not to mention muddy ones - it is a challenge. My G-9000 sits 99% of the year in the drawer just because of that.

cheers

#12 ·
The GW-9000 has a very basic - outdated module in my opinion (only 1.5 second illumination duration, only 60 min timer for instance). The GW-9010 is technically more advanced but its weird look never appealed to me. The G-9000 is undoubtly the best mudman of this bunch with the best module and nicest backlight, despite the lack of solar/atomic.

But no matter what, all three of them have very hard to press buttons which totally kills the idea of an EDC watch for me. With dry fingers is is already difficult to press the buttons but with wet/sweaty fingers - not to mention muddy ones - it is a challenge. My G-9000 sits 99% of the year in the drawer just because of that.

cheers
Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll rethink.

#13 ·
I've had three G-9000s, the GW-9000, GW-9010 and G-9300. The G-9300 is my favourite - buttons are easier to press, features are great and I like the hockey-puck-design. GW-9010 has a great module however. For me: G-9300 first place - 2nd place: GW-9010.

Cheers, Sedi :)

#15 · (Edited)
I got the G-9300 - don't need atomic. Buttons are easier to press compared to G(W)-90XX and GX-56. So if you absolutely want atomic - GW-9010 is the best choice considering the functions IMO. But G-9300 is much better compared to the older Mudman design.
If you just want the mudproof design - take the G-9000.

Cheers, Sedi :)

#16 ·
I loved my GW9000a-1. I'm still bummed that I lost it a few weeks ago. You definitely can't go wrong choosing between that or the GW9010. However, I also have a G9330, and if you can skip the atomic function (which I honestly don't think is a huge benefit anyways, because most of the time I wasn't able to get a signal), I think you'd find it's much nicer than the other Mudmans.

#17 ·
I agree the 9300 be it G or GW is far superior. I love the look and it's functions but won't pay $300+ for a work watch right now so it seems like the GW9010 is my best bet because once you have solar atomic it's hard to go back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.