Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All have the same SW200-1 movement but all very different

Reactions: alpaslan

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I’d take the oris of the bunch. I actually am attracted to the doxa the most, but the Oris is the one that balances everyday wearability with attractiveness the best for me. Nothing wrong with the Sinn but it’s a lesser favorite of their models for me. I’d go with a u50 or field style watch from them

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
I vote for the Sinn because I have that Sinn and I need to validate my decision of purchasing it.
Also - the Oris is not bad, but the lume is terrible.
Also - Doxa is a decent brand, but just not that particular model.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
All have the same movement but all very different
Really?
Doxa Sub 600: ETA 2824-2
Oris Sixty-Five: Sellita SW200-1
Sinn 104: Sellita SW 220-1

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Sinn looks the most “refined” to me. I would be afraid, though, that after some time I will find it somewhat boring.
Oris – while I am very attracted to the brand in general, I just do not particularly like the looks of this model.

For me, the winner is clearly the Doxa. A charming and functional 1970ties Design successfully ported to the present. I think I would never get tired of it. Absolutely love the color scheme and the crown at the 4 o’clock position.
(Only thing is that the integrated design practically excludes changing the bracelet to another one such as a rubber strap – but I would not want to do that anyway as the I love that overall chunky case and bracelet design.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I vote for the Sinn because I have that Sinn and I need to validate my decision of purchasing it.
Also - the Oris is not bad, but the lume is terrible.
Also - Doxa is a decent brand, but just not that particular model.
Yeah I think it's a set up😂 in terms of models. The oris not the greatest and the doxa the same both brands could of had a
stronger representation

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Oris for me. I've owned a D65 since 2019, and have no plans to sell it. It wears incredibly slim on the wrist since half the height is the bubble crystal, the pie pan dial and the crystal distortion is super cool (acrylic look without the PITA polishing that comes with actually having an acrylic crystal) and it's a fun watch to wear that doesn't really look like anything else.

I've never understood the Sinn 104 HYPE FEST at all. It's....fine. Does absolutely nothing for me. If I'm going to get a Doxa, it's going to be Sub 300T. Everything else just doesn't look right.

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Watch accessory

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I have a Doxa 600T Pacific, Oris 65 Topper edition and the Sinn 104 white dial. The Sinn is my favorite. It believe it has a top grade movement, is the most versatile, and looks good on lots of different straps. The Doxa keeps the worst time. The Oris is a close second for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Oris for me. I've owned a D65 since 2019, and have no plans to sell it. It wears incredibly slim on the wrist since half the height is the bubble crystal, the pie pan dial and the crystal distortion is super cool (acrylic look without the PITA polishing that comes with actually having an acrylic crystal) and it's a fun watch to wear that doesn't really look like anything else.

I've never understood the Sinn 104 HYPE FEST at all. It's....fine. Does absolutely nothing for me. If I'm going to get a Doxa, it's going to be Sub 300T. Everything else just doesn't look right.

View attachment 16650622

When I think of Doxa. This is the model I imagine.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really?
Doxa Sub 600: ETA 2824-2
Oris Sixty-Five: Sellita SW200-1
Sinn 104: Sellita SW 220-1
Some state like Hodinkee it’s a SW200 and some say it’s a 2824 but doesn’t matter as they are the same movement

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The Oris doesn't do anything for me, so it's an easy elimination. The other two, though, were rather less so. The Doxa is charming and I love the squared-off case, but compared to the Sinn, I began to see it as a bit too cute and toyish - not in a bad way necessarily, mind. In the end, the tone of all-round professionalism that the Sinn sets and the fact that it has the day of the week feature won me over. In the past, I'd also would've gushed about the countdown bezel, but I've recently got a watch with one and it's not that great; I can never decide whether to use it as a countdown or as a regular timing bezel.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Some state like Hodinkee it’s a SW200 and some say it’s a 2824 but doesn’t matter as they are the same movement
Maybe we should first define the term ”the same“.
While the ETA 2824-2 has 25 jewels, the Sellita SW200.1 uses 26, and individual components cannot be interchanged between the movements, because they simply don't fit. So, are the SW200.1 and the 2428-2 the same? Similar, okay, but the same?
When you're looking at the SW220.1, the differences should become even more striking…

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I'm an Oris fan and i love Doxa but i would go for the Sinn in those particular models

Reactions: Docrwm
1 - 20 of 87 Posts