WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ball vs. Tudor

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which should I keep? So I might be downsizing my collection. I have both a Ball Engineer iii Marvalight and a Tudor BB41. Both of these are blue dial sport watches with clean bezels, so I am thinking of letting one go and keeping the other as I am wanting a smaller collection that is a little less repetative.

The Ball is made of 904 steel, has 100 meter water resist, tritium tubes, has a date, sapphire and is anti-magnetic

The Tudor is 316L steel, has 150 meter water resist, very nice lume and a sapphire crystal.

Both are amazing and both wear very well. Both are very accurate with the Ball edging out the Tudor with about a 2 spd difference on average.

I am not sure which to keep and which to let go. Both have a neat history and both are quality Swiss made pieces, albeit I am not sure of one is “more Swiss” than the other.

Either way both are my heavy hitters in my humble collection. So what do you all think?

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light
Watch Brown Analog watch Photograph White
Toy Vehicle Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Toy Motor vehicle Wood Automotive wheel system
Watch Analog watch Silver Body jewelry Clock

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would keep the Ball. It looks more interesting in my opinion, plus tritium, and can be used for both dressier occasions and casual. The Tudor looks very casual.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I wouldn't have bought either in the first place. But I suspect that's because my taste in watches is very different to yours. Which renders my opinion useless to you.
This may help you decide.
Get a coin. Heads sell the Ball, Tails the Tudor. One flip, no second chances, no going back on the outcome.
Do not read any further until you've flipped the coin.

Hmmn, I said, "Do not read any further until you've flipped the coin." this won't work unless you do so.

OK, either you've flipped the coin, or there's no helping you. Assuming you have flipped, think back to the moment the coin settled. Did you feel disappointment of relief? If it was relief, go with the coin toss, if it was disappoinement, ignore the result and sell the other watch.

If you really want the opinion of random strangers on the internet, here's mine. Asking the opinion of random strangers about your trinkets is pointless, unless of course you wear the trinkets solely to gain the approval of random strangers (in which case I recommend selling both watches and spending the money on counselling!) It is you that has to wear these, they are for you to enjoy and you should not give a stuff about the opinion of anyone else.
Of course that's just my opinion...

·
Registered
13,017 Posts
Tried that Tudor (black dial) this week - great watch I thought

& now they are ceasing production of that model for the new in-house, I think it may become quite desirable

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
OP, I would make the decision that is most favorable to you in the way of financial aspect. Both look good to my eye, Ball edges out Tudor in the looks dept, Tudor more in the prestige I guess and what is the trendy name at the moment.
Try putting up both up for sale and see which one gets you the most return. and go from there.
I would suspect you'd be getting a better return on the Tudor. Unless you got the Ball dirt cheap.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts