WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ball vs. Tudor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I wouldn't have bought either in the first place. But I suspect that's because my taste in watches is very different to yours. Which renders my opinion useless to you.
This may help you decide.
Get a coin. Heads sell the Ball, Tails the Tudor. One flip, no second chances, no going back on the outcome.
Do not read any further until you've flipped the coin.

Hmmn, I said, "Do not read any further until you've flipped the coin." this won't work unless you do so.

OK, either you've flipped the coin, or there's no helping you. Assuming you have flipped, think back to the moment the coin settled. Did you feel disappointment of relief? If it was relief, go with the coin toss, if it was disappoinement, ignore the result and sell the other watch.

If you really want the opinion of random strangers on the internet, here's mine. Asking the opinion of random strangers about your trinkets is pointless, unless of course you wear the trinkets solely to gain the approval of random strangers (in which case I recommend selling both watches and spending the money on counselling!) It is you that has to wear these, they are for you to enjoy and you should not give a stuff about the opinion of anyone else.
Of course that's just my opinion...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sometimes strangers can point something out you’re not aware of. The ‘right’ decision will always lie with the OP, but even seasoned WIS will overlook something or be blinded by hype or a honeymoon phase.
I could not disagree more (excluding that the right decision lies with the OP.)

Both are decent watches. They are similar in build quality, function and price point.

Objectively there is little to choose between them. Future resale value is about the only objective differentiator that has been mentioned so far.

Subjectively, there are aesthetics, comfort and brand cachet. We now have five pages of opinion / advice on the purely subjective. All of which should be worthless to the OP as being subjective none of it matters. The only subjective opinion that counts is the OPs.

There's a wonderful quote about opinions attributed to Henry Ford. If you don't know it, Google it. It's very appropriate here.

I feel sadness & despair for the modern world of infuencers and the influenced. I recognise that some people will always lack the confidence to make simple basic decisions on their own, but for a normal functioning adult this shouldn't be a problem. Especially so in the case of such a frivilous decision as this.

So that's why I took the time to answer in such a flippant way. Despite what the OP is asking for, I don't believe advising which watch to keep will help much. It is far better to give the guy some tools to help him understand what he thinks than it is to tell him what he thinks.

It's not the first time I've answered threads like this with similar advice. I suspect it often falls on deaf ears because, well, thinking hurts. It's just about encouraging the OP to form his own opinions and not to give a flying fig about what others may think. I've sometimes ended by telling the OP what his favourite band is and how to wipe his bottom.

It's Tears for Fears by the way OP, but not so much the period when Kurt left. Choose a quilted three ply. Look for soft, but not so soft that your fingers tear through (double up if necessary). Lean slightly forwards and wipe downwards from the top. But frankly this isn't important as long as you avoid the waxed grease proof paper you'll be fine.

EDIT:
Of course, all of that is just my opinion. Please refer to Mr. Ford and apply the appropriate weighting to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts