WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ball vs. Tudor

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm not as thorough in my thoughts as the poster of #14. ;) :rolleyes: That's a lot of effort to put into a...well...post like that.

I came on here fully expecting to be in the minority. I'm a little shocked with the responses, so far. I like the Marvelight better. I think it's a sharp watch. Of the two, that would be my choice.

Edit...fixed typo. Lite is a beer. It's Marvelight. My mind was obviously somewhere else.

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
I wouldn't have bought either in the first place. But I suspect that's because my taste in watches is very different to yours. Which renders my opinion useless to you.
This may help you decide.
Get a coin. Heads sell the Ball, Tails the Tudor. One flip, no second chances, no going back on the outcome.
Do not read any further until you've flipped the coin.

Hmmn, I said, "Do not read any further until you've flipped the coin." this won't work unless you do so.

OK, either you've flipped the coin, or there's no helping you. Assuming you have flipped, think back to the moment the coin settled. Did you feel disappointment of relief? If it was relief, go with the coin toss, if it was disappoinement, ignore the result and sell the other watch.

If you really want the opinion of random strangers on the internet, here's mine. Asking the opinion of random strangers about your trinkets is pointless, unless of course you wear the trinkets solely to gain the approval of random strangers (in which case I recommend selling both watches and spending the money on counselling!) It is you that has to wear these, they are for you to enjoy and you should not give a stuff about the opinion of anyone else.
Of course that's just my opinion...
Product Font Eyelash Electronic device Logo

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I voted Ball. The Marvelight is their best watch in the last few years, IMO. I had the 43mm version with the in-house 7309 and regret selling it. I'm not a fan of the cyclops, but I would still prefer it. The bracelet on that watch is also outstanding, and the tritium is a plus.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Love most about the Ball! Except I don't prefer dates or cyclops.

Therefore I voted Tudor. But it's real close.

Reactions: mutnat

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm wearing a Pelagos right now and like the snowflake hand... but only when matched with the square indices. The BB looks boring. I'm not a cyclops fan but overall the Ball is a more interesting package

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
This is a tough call. I have both Tudor and Ball. I like both companies. I'd choose to keep the Ball. I like the iridescent blue over the flat blue dial of the Tudor.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
If you really want the opinion of random strangers on the internet, here's mine. Asking the opinion of random strangers about your trinkets is pointless, unless of course you wear the trinkets solely to gain the approval of random strangers (in which case I recommend selling both watches and spending the money on counselling!) It is you that has to wear these, they are for you to enjoy and you should not give a stuff about the opinion of anyone else.
Of course that's just my opinion...
Sometimes strangers can point something out you’re not aware of. The ‘right’ decision will always lie with the OP, but even seasoned WIS will overlook something or be blinded by hype or a honeymoon phase.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would keep the Ball. It looks more interesting in my opinion, plus tritium, and can be used for both dressier occasions and casual. The Tudor looks very casual.
I think Entropy is onto the right line of thinking here. Depends on what your purpose is for your watch, whether you need it to play multiple roles or not.

If this is purely a casual, everyday watch I'd go with Tudor though. Love the oversized crown, symmetrical, no-date dial, and consequently there being no cyclops. But I couldn't fault you for keeping either, but definitely don't need both.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
I have a smaller Ball and a Tudor and they are both fantastic watches. Sometimes the answer is clear, but I would not like to pick in this instance.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Which should I keep? So I might be downsizing my collection. I have both a Ball Engineer iii Marvalight and a Tudor BB41. Both of these are blue dial sport watches with clean bezels, so I am thinking of letting one go and keeping the other as I am wanting a smaller collection that is a little less repetative.

The Ball is made of 904 steel, has 100 meter water resist, tritium tubes, has a date, sapphire and is anti-magnetic

The Tudor is 316L steel, has 150 meter water resist, very nice lume and a sapphire crystal.

Both are amazing and both wear very well. Both are very accurate with the Ball edging out the Tudor with about a 2 spd difference on average.

I am not sure which to keep and which to let go. Both have a neat history and both are quality Swiss made pieces, albeit I am not sure of one is “more Swiss” than the other.

Either way both are my heavy hitters in my humble collection. So what do you all think?

View attachment 16801898 View attachment 16801899 View attachment 16801900 View attachment 16801903 View attachment 16801909
i loathe the snowflake hand so, for me, the choice is very clear. ;)

even if you had asked "Invicta or Tudor", I would have said Invicta.... :D:D

21 - 40 of 118 Posts