WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Ball vs. Tudor

41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I'd sell the Tudor. I don't really like the hands on the Tudor to be honest. I've always felt that Tudor was also fairly understated, not in a good way. I'm sure it's a fine watch but I much prefer the Ball here. It's a lot more interesting and engaging.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd keep the Tudor. The Ball is beautiful (and I love a date), but I prefer the bracelet on the Tudor.

Reactions: mutnat

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
I personally love Tudor, and by extension, the BB. However, in this case, I find the Ball to be more pleasing to the eye. I personally like a date function, which is why I have not purchased the BB41, and sold my BB58.

For this reason, my vote was cast for the Ball

Reactions: Time4Good

·
Registered
13,442 Posts
Hey Simon, where are you getting this information from? I haven't heard this, but I'm intrigued.
when I tried your watch this week at AD, the sales manager told me that they were putting the new "in house" movement in and moving away from the ETA based, just as they have with the new S&G 36/39/41

of course he may be mistaken - but its the same move they made with the BB diver 41 changing movement from ETA to in house

·
Registered
252 Posts
I voted Ball.

I like the lume better on the Ball watches, in fact, I would have owned one myself but Formex beat them on the general specs. In regards to those two, I think the Ball just looks better, the hands are cleaner and I prefer the numeral setup. Not a fan of magnifiers but I can overlook that.

Bonus if the Tudor sells for more :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Which should I keep? So I might be downsizing my collection. I have both a Ball Engineer iii Marvalight and a Tudor BB41. Both of these are blue dial sport watches with clean bezels, so I am thinking of letting one go and keeping the other as I am wanting a smaller collection that is a little less repetative.

The Ball is made of 904 steel, has 100 meter water resist, tritium tubes, has a date, sapphire and is anti-magnetic

The Tudor is 316L steel, has 150 meter water resist, very nice lume and a sapphire crystal.

Both are amazing and both wear very well. Both are very accurate with the Ball edging out the Tudor with about a 2 spd difference on average.

I am not sure which to keep and which to let go. Both have a neat history and both are quality Swiss made pieces, albeit I am not sure of one is “more Swiss” than the other.

Either way both are my heavy hitters in my humble collection. So what do you all think?

View attachment 16801898 View attachment 16801899 View attachment 16801900 View attachment 16801903 View attachment 16801909
Head says Tudor, heart says Ball!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Which should I keep? So I might be downsizing my collection. I have both a Ball Engineer iii Marvalight and a Tudor BB41. Both of these are blue dial sport watches with clean bezels, so I am thinking of letting one go and keeping the other as I am wanting a smaller collection that is a little less repetative.

The Ball is made of 904 steel, has 100 meter water resist, tritium tubes, has a date, sapphire and is anti-magnetic

The Tudor is 316L steel, has 150 meter water resist, very nice lume and a sapphire crystal.

Both are amazing and both wear very well. Both are very accurate with the Ball edging out the Tudor with about a 2 spd difference on average.

I am not sure which to keep and which to let go. Both have a neat history and both are quality Swiss made pieces, albeit I am not sure of one is “more Swiss” than the other.

Either way both are my heavy hitters in my humble collection. So what do you all think?

View attachment 16801898 View attachment 16801899 View attachment 16801900 View attachment 16801903 View attachment 16801909
I own a BB36 and a Ball Fireman Night Breaker. I prefer the size and bracelet of the BB36, but the finish of the Ball.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Looking at the pictures and not having owned either, I'd say keep the Ball.

Having owned a similar tudor, it's one of my most worn watches. Doesn't look best in pictures, not so shiny and flashy, just simply gets the job done. The tudor is very well made.

What I like in photos and what gets time on my wrist don't always match.

·
Premium Member
Zenith, breitling,nomos glashutte, Corum Aquastsar deepstar
3,378 Posts

Sell em both and get a Pelagos

41 - 60 of 124 Posts