WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a couple of Aqua Terra homages in my collection. One is a Rodina homage to the older model of Aqua Terra, the other is the Sea-Gull homage to the newer model AT. I have decided that I need to send one on its way. The problem I have is deciding which one to ship out. I like the slightly larger case and bigger bracelet of the Rodina, but I greatly prefer the dial of the Sea-Gull. Both watches look great. Which would you keep?

Rodina.jpg SeaGull.jpg

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
The Seagull DOES look nicer...

·
Premium Member
40,681 Posts
The Seagull looks a heck of a lot nicer.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll agree that the seagull does look really nice (and possibly nicer) but personally, I prefer the AT style that the Rodina is an homage of. I like the case lines, the clean indices without numerals, and the square date window. Plus i think the dial color works well with that design. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd say Sea-Gull too ;)

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Everyone will say the SG as it looks more like the AT.

If you are truly torn, sell the one the public will go for: the SG.

I think they are sufficiently different that you should keep both ;)

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
From memory isn't there an ST21 in the Rodina.
With the better bracelet and overall finish too. Pity a bland dial imo.
Not too sure about the SG. Just doesn't sing somehow. Far too much text anyway.

As you're asking, would take it to be that you're liking the overall look yet misgivings on both.
So, either both go or neither until a replacement shows ;)

From pics. on another thread these look pretty good imo, and don't try 'too hard' so have their own look.

Men's Watches - Buy Gents watches online - WATCH SHOP.com™

99942317_v_1350294421.jpg

Suspiciously similar to the 816's to me, whatever, (if) or not with that pedigree looks promising.

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...re/l/watches/brand|roamer/recipient|him/?Sm=1

EJ have a blue one ;)

·
Registered
20,693 Posts
Seagull all the way for me...

·
Registered
229 Posts
I own the blue SG and I'm happy with it, especially at the price..if I were you I'd keep the Rodina and send me the black SG at a deep, deep discount

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I prefer dark dials with light barkers and hands. I prefer the seagull.
I prefer my watches don't bark at all. But then, I'm not a fan of dogs that bark a lot either. YMMV...:-d

OK, getting serious: Less is more with this style of watch, and the Rodina is much cleaner, less busy, etc....BUT, I'm not a fan of mushrooms, so I'd say keep the Sea Gull and send the Rodina off to a new home. The Sea Gull just kills the design with all that text though. I mean, seriously, who needs (or would even WANT) "Stainless Steel" on the dial of their watch?? Honestly, I agree with arktika1148, either get rid of both, or keep them both until you find a suitable replacement. If you simply must keep one or the other, then keep the Sea Gull, as I'd assume the quality would be better...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts