WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Experts,

I would like to get a tool to remove straps and bracelets but I am not sure which one to get. I would like to get a Bergeon but there are several models like 6111 and 6767 as I read on other threads. I have the current Navitimer and would like to know which tool is the most suitable for the job ( and the Navitimer).
Thank you.
santasmile

Ps: and any suggestions where I can get it in Europe? Germany, Netherlands etc etc..
saat7.jpg

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I use the 6767, both with standard and fine tip

Here is a pic of the 6767 with the standard tip. Works well for leather straps but for the bracelet you need the fine tip.

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Ps: and any suggestions where I can get it in Europe? Germany, Netherlands etc etc..
Oops, missed that one. I got mine at www.rltwatches.com in the UK. I could have it shipped by normal mail without insurance. For a piece of only 10 pounds, it was well worth the risk, getting it from the USA was only possible with FedEx or something similar and that alone costs five times the price of the tool!

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I am gonna get the Bergeon 6111 or the 6767 F.
Will post pics when I purchase the tool.
santasmile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts