WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what model watch is in the picture at the top of this Forum-the analog digital with blue digital lettering. And while I am at it, do any G-Shocks have leather bands or can bands be replaced with standard leather bands.
Thanks in advance-
Jude

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
And how about the other question---I am a big fan of leather bands. Can one be attached to this or other Gs with success? Some leather bands look tough enough to look good on a G but I have not owned one so I don't know if its even possible-
Thanks-
J

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I'm pretty sure you couldn't easily fit a leather strap to most modern G-Shocks.

Some of the older ones still in production possibly (5600, 6900, 2300, etc), but most of them will have a 16mm lug width, so you would be limited to a skinny strap.

Personally, the idea of a G-Shock on a leather strap just seems wrong, wrong, wrong...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Casio has produced some watches with combination resin/leather, as you can see in the G-7302RL pictured below. BTW, this watch has 5 eyes (for those of us with old eyes, those tiny eyes are a real problem to read) and is a yatch timer - for when I get my first boat. Module is 2895, and functions include countdown timer, yatch timer, alarm, stopwatch, dual time, and the usual timekeeping.

Don't know how water damage resistant the strap is, but I suppose the captain rarely gets wet. :-d

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts