WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

How often do you wear your most frequently worn watch?

• Up to 1 day a week

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Up to 2 days a week

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Up to 3 days a week

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Up to 4 days a week

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Up to 5 days a week

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Up to 6 days a week

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Up to 7 days a week

Votes: 20 19.8%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first came to this site with 1 watch I used to see comments on people 'rotating their watches'.
After a while I realised it wasn't changing the position of the watch for optimal mechanical accuracy, but instead some OCD sequence they used for watch wearing. :)
Now I'm up to 5 watches I find that a rotation is evolving and that one watch is emerging as my most frequently worn.

So here's the game:
Answer the poll on how often you wear your most worn watch, then for bonus points show us a picture of the watch in question.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My rotation consists of about 15 watches and as a consequence, not even the one I wear the most reaches an average of one day per week. So far I've worn it 27 out of the total 218 days in 2014:
Thanks ffritz. I suspected there would be some like you who wear the watch on average less than one day a week.
What is really impressive though is that you know you've worn it 27 out of 218 days!

Whoever shows their watch rotation excel sheet first wins the game :)

·
Registered
8,953 Posts
Thanks ffritz. I suspected there would be some like you who wear the watch on average less than one day a week.
What is really impressive though is that you know you've worn it 27 out of 218 days!

Whoever shows their watch rotation excel sheet first wins the game :)
Easy.

excel preview.jpg

I don't want to disclose too much yet, wait for the end of the year. But in fact most of the credit should go to Brad and SteamJ for starting this:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/monthly-watch-worn-tally-report-978466.html

You know, this thing about OCDs.. First of all, you have to realize you have it. I'm just evaluating the magnitude of mine.. ;-)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know, this thing about OCDs.. First of all, you have to realize you have it. I'm just evaluating the magnitude of mine.. ;-)
I'm just a little worried the scale isn't big enough to measure the magnitude in this case. (and Brad's and Steam's and and....) :)

I missed the tally thread first time round - thanks (I think!)

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I have a monthly or sometimes bi-weekly rotation. So there you have it!

As to which watch it is...it's an Orient Star. One of my many :-d

:-!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
My Datejust has been seeing Mon-Thursday duty, with my Speedy taking up most of the slack for the rest of the week. I'm in the process of selling/trading my Navitimer, so it's been in the drawer for the last 2 months. I suppose the DJ will probably continue to see wear 5 days a week.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,099 Posts
When I first came to this site with 1 watch I used to see comments on people 'rotating their watches'.
After a while I realised it wasn't changing the position of the watch for optimal mechanical accuracy, but instead some OCD sequence they used for watch wearing. :)
Now I'm up to 5 watches I find that a rotation is evolving and that one watch is emerging as my most frequently worn.

So here's the game:
Answer the poll on how often you wear your most worn watch, then for bonus points show us a picture of the watch in question.
Over time each watch gets worn about the same. But I might wear the same watch for a week or two or more. Who knows in the short run.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Speedy calls out to me everyday, but I fight to ignore it about 3 days a week. b-)

Same with me. I currently have about 10 watches in the rotation, but the Speedy calls to me daily. I fight it though, must be fair to my other kids too.....

Although, between the Speedy & my Hydro Conquest the others do take a back seat.

Reactions: SteamJ

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
Grown tired of rotating watches.

This little fella is on the wrist 7 days a week.
I'm sometimes tired of rotating, but I can't decide what to give up. I sold 5 but then got 3 more. I need to clean out the bottom of my collection.

But for now, I'm rotating through these (mainly): Speedy, DeVille, vintage Constellation, (occasionally vintage Seamaster), Sea Gull, Orient Star, Seiko Monster, Seiko 5 world time, Rado Original Diver, Mido Baroncelli. This doesn't include another Seiko 5, Orient, Seiko SKX173, an Invicta, and a few others. I'd like to get down to about 5 good watches.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts