WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife hates the my PO and my LV. She says the colors are strictly for halloween and st patrick day. Lol

But those two are my favorites

Please post the watch(es) that you spouse doesn't like.

Sorry for the bad pic.

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My wife isn't much of a hater (thank goodness) but doesn't seem to care for any watch that costs more than a few hundred bucks.

She also doesn't like my watches on mesh, while I love them. She thinks mesh is too formal, while many WISs, ironically, consider mesh (along with rubber straps and NATO) to be the most informal of looks.

She does like my strella and my Seamaster 600. So at least we have that!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I talked my wife into buying me a Victorinox Classic Chrono Alarm as an early Christmas present because I though it was just a really sexy looking watch.
She agreed because she likes the way it looked too, but after I got home I found the functions kind of confusing and we started getting buyers remorse.
She told me to look for something I liked better, so she could get that for me and return the Chrono.
Well, I found a Deep Blue on the forum here I really like and pulled the trigger in it. Then I made the mistake of taking the Victorinox out of the box , figured out the alarm function and then "bonded" with it after wearing it for a few hours waiting for her to get home from work.
When she got home I was wearing the Chrono and didn't do a very good job explaining the pickle I had gotten myself into.
Now she doesn't like the Chrono and will most likely not like the Deep Blue when it arrives.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
My wife is very supportive. If I like it, she likes it. Never a problem with my watch hobby or anything else I'm involved in. I'm always straightforward about whatever it is that I do and so is she. Isn't that the way it should be?

·
Registered
561 Posts
She hates that i have a bigger collection than her. Does that count? =P

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Believe it or not... My wife is not crazy about this one

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
357 Posts
My fiancee hates my G-Shock; She said it looks like it's been through hell; the fact is that she's right about it being through some tough treatment. ;)

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,471 Posts
None so far and I happen to like the 10 or so watches she wears. From the Ebel 1911 to the 1950's Movado automatic to the Seiko dual time. We've found that supporting and understanding one another's hobbies has actually made them more enjoyable.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
She thinks my Dievas Vortex looks cheap. She likes Rolex though so I wonder if she'd be happy if I came home with one. Probably not...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine doesn't "hate" any of my watches. She doesn't like the busier dials (IE Chrono's) but after some coaxing, she admits that they do look nice. Just not her favorite.

·
Registered
872 Posts
My fiancee doesn't mind any of the watches I own, but she has had a thing or two to say about certain watches I've tried on and thought about buying. With that being said, here comes her "you-better-never-own" list :p

Panerai (she strongly dislikes the look..)
U-BOAT (Can't blame her, really..)
Anything designed by Mr. Gerald Genta (which she may have to live with, since I'm strongly considering the 15300 at the moment)
She dislikes G-Shocks
Anything that is "really busy" or "in your face"

...I think that just about covers it.

·
Registered
30,641 Posts
My wife hates all of the watches I was able to keep after the divorce.

Oh wait, I am still married. Guess that means she hates em' all, but the girlfriend seems to like them......

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
My wife only hates the watches I bought from eBay because she knows how many times I got taken. I say "bought" because she is right and no more eBay.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts