WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not now, but possibly in a month or two. If I go down this road, I would look at the Breguet Type XX, AP Royal Oak, Blancpain Aqua Lung, or the GO Sport Evolution. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I don't recall seeing a Breguet Type XX for under 5.5k. Also, I assume you are talking about the 14790 RO?

Personally, I think that 4.5k is a rather weird area. Nothing really captures me in that price range other than maybe a GS SBGR061 or SBGW031. Or maybe a vintage white gold day-date 1803 on a leather strap.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't recall seeing a Breguet Type XX for under 5.5k. Also, I assume you are talking about the 14790 RO?

Personally, I think that 4.5k is a rather weird area. Nothing really captures me in that price range other than maybe a GS SBGR061 or SBGW031. Or maybe a vintage white gold day-date 1803 on a leather strap.
Yes, the 14790. I've seen Aeronavales (no date) in this price range.

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
rolex 16610 or 16800 or 16750, other possibility is to buy a breitling b01 navitimer or chronomat in second hand

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Well, if you're considering a 36mm AP RO then size obviously isn't your concern. You have a plethora of choice in vintage at this size. The world is your oyster.

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
Happy to be corrected but where would you find a used Breitling B01 Navitimer for less than $4,500 (£2,800)?

Nowhere I have ever seen.
cresus.fr happened to have some 2009 b01 models that were priced at 4300€

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
cresus.fr happened to have some 2009 b01 models that were priced at 4300€
Thanks for the reply. As I expected it is still out of the range of the OP.

The Navitimer with the ETA movement (old new stock) would however fit the budget. But that depends on how the OP feels about ETA?

Regards,

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply. As I expected it is still out of the range of the OP.

The Navitimer with the ETA movement (old new stock) would however fit the budget. But that depends on how the OP feels about ETA?

Regards,
ETA is a no go, in order to do this I would have to sell my JLC, which is obviously in house, so I would want to replace with an in house.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rolex 16610 or 16800 or 16750, other possibility is to buy a breitling b01 navitimer or chronomat in second hand
I have no interest in Breitling or a sub with date. However, I am quite interested in a 16570, not a 16750.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Omega Aqua Terra 8500 can be found for that price brand new.

i'm biased though becauase I am wearing mine right now!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Omega Aqua Terra 8500 can be found for that price brand new.

i'm biased though becauase I am wearing mine right now!
I love the AT, my old man just got one and it is really stunning. But, I want to get a good deal, so I wouldn't go new. I've been hunting on the fs posts trying to find one, but they rarely come up and when they do, they're gone fast.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I love the AT, my old man just got one and it is really stunning. But, I want to get a good deal, so I wouldn't go new. I've been hunting on the fs posts trying to find one, but they rarely come up and when they do, they're gone fast.
I just bought mine brand new at the top end of your budget with a 20% discount.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just bought mine brand new at the top end of your budget with a 20% discount.
I could get one online for about $4200, but I would only buy the AT pre owned.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, if you're considering a 36mm AP RO then size obviously isn't your concern. You have a plethora of choice in vintage at this size. The world is your oyster.
What specific vintage models would you consider?

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
What specific vintage models would you consider?
I'm not a vintage collector so I cannot be specific however I will tell you the process I would follow if I was in your shoes (PS - this is meant to be helpful - please take it that way).

I would visit Chrono24 and go to the advanced search button (just below the main search button). In there you can set detailed search parameters on price range, used or new, case material, movement, country of origin etc.

You'll be amazed the number of choices you will get within your budget at a style that you like. When you have a reformatted short list come back for updated opinions (if you fancy?)

Regards,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts