WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Giving the oldest daughter away in a couple of weeks. We are wearing suits instead of tuxes. The suits are a light tan or beige. The shoes, a light brown, the vests are a light blue, over a white shirt. I have several nice watches in my collection. I was thinking of wearing my Hamilton Khaki, but I also have a Tudor w/ a brown strap and gold dial, several with a blue dial and brown strap, and several with a white dial and brown strap. I was thinking that a brown leather strap would be the way to go, but not sure about the dial color. What would you all suggest?
cottontop

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
My friend, go with what you feel is most suitable (no pun intended) for you that day.
Next to no one will be looking at your watch. Everyone will be focused on your amazing daughter. Those that aren't focused on her will be focused on the groom. Those that aren't focused on him will be focused on their smart phones for the scores in the game. The one guy/gal that comes up to say something about your watch will be "Hey, is that a Ham........SCORES!!!!!"
Congrats and pack an extra hanky, it takes a real man to give away an angel.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
White dial, brown strap.
Strap must match the shoes and if your suit is on the light side, I'd go with a light dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
36,431 Posts
Agree with the white dial, brown strap, but you should wear what you want based on your personal preference.

·
Premium Member
71,529 Posts
I would avoid blue but other than that wear what you like. No one will be looking at you anyway and if you do happen to merit a glance people won't notice your watch.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Use the one you will like the most when you think "this is the watch i wore in my daughter's wedding day".

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
People over-think these things too much. Nobody will take one scrap of notice what you're wearing, sorry to break it to you. Wearing a nice watch is about personal satisfaction so wear what you feel like wearing.

·
Premium Member
14,849 Posts
My advice would be to wear something subtle. This wedding is about your daughter. You do not want your watch being "loud" in any of the pictures or whatnot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts