WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which single watch should I bring with me to NYC?

• Frederique Constant Big Date/ Dual Time

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Stowa Marine Original

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Omega Seamster Professional

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Tag Heuer Aquaracer

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to NYC this weekend and want to bring a watch with me (just one? I know...) I am looking to go to the local dealers, some nice dinners and a play so my attire will range from rather casual to dressy. Right now I am leaning towards my Frederique Constant but I'd love your opinions!

My leader:
Footwear Tan Shoe Brown Strap

The close second:
Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Still life photography Pocket watch

And the Other Guys:

Omega:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

Tag Heuer:
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I'd probably wear the Stowa but I think any one would be fine.

Reactions: krazyjoe66

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Stowa, for sure- it's elegant, but not trying to be formal like the FC, simple and casual. And don't forget to stop by the 53rd/6th Halal Cart!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Stowa

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Another vote for Stowa, and give my regards to Broadway! :)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Original thought was stowa, but I chose the SMP for it's versatility and ruggedness, just in case. I like my all around watches to be nice but bomb proof at the same time.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
FC. Always go with the gut. I'd also recommend Koronet's pizza on the upper west side on Amsterdam Ave. Some of the best and biggest slices you can get in the city.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I lived there for a decade. And for me, NYC in the fall for the areas most tourist go and the typical restaurant, theater, shopping activities in these areas is sort of more upscale and traditional in attire than in much of the rest of the US.

For example, you will see many more men wearing outfits like tweed sportcoat, scarf, nice sweater and corduroy pants even on the weekend. And i think your Stowa sort of goes with that vibe perfectly

If it was summer, which is very hot and humid in NYC, I would say the Omega immediately.

·
Registered
21,068 Posts
In this weather, with some nice dinners in the mix (although, you're talking to a guy who wore a Tawatec on a NATO to a nice steakhouse the other night) I'd also go with the Stowa, with the Omega as a strong second choice.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The first one seems like a good choice. I think medium or darker colored dials would look best in an indoor or evening setting, or anyplace with dim lighting. A white dial would look better at an outdoor lunch cafe or in the park in the daytime.

If it were me, though, I would choose the Omega just for an all-around choice. Although, for traveling, I usually just wear something cheap, as far as watches go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts