WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting a notification on my iPhone that the G-shock watch has a low battery and needs to be brought into the light.

The issue is, I have multiple bluetooth connected watches on this app - how do I know which watch has the low battery?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have this problem too! Hopefully someone can help us.

·
Premium Member
4,539 Posts
Is it the Connected App you're using for your watches?

If the IOS version is the same as the Android then when you open the app there's a list of all watches registered. You should then be able to see which one is low?

Btw can you not see on each watch what the battery level is?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
73,682 Posts
Like Soda says if you want to check it from your phone you can do it by checking each registered watch individually. Personally I keep all my solar watches in a well lit area so they are always on “H”.

·
Premium Member
5,020 Posts
Not the Bluetooth ones they rely on the app unfortunately as far as I know for battery condition, I may be wrong.

·
Registered
421 Posts
that's odd....my fitbit, my ticwatch pro, my honor band 4 ... they all have to be bluetoothed to my phone to work...and they all have battery indicator just like a smartphone.
Not the Bluetooth ones they rely on the app unfortunately as far as I know for battery condition, I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yeah this is true it relies on the app for the Bluetooth models. Yeah short of connecting to each watch and looking at the battery meter I don’t know what to recommend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks all, it seems this is a 'feature'. When the IPhone flashes up a notification from the G-Shock App, it doesn't specify which watch is reporting the low battery, and it doesn't seem to be the last watch connected either.

Text Font Screenshot Technology

Once in the app, of course I can select which watch I want to connect to, but I have to just go through them connecting and disconnecting each watch one by one until I find the one flashing a low battery.

Watch Text Font Technology Timer

Interestingly, the battery in the app doesn't report any percentage, which would be useful, just shows a bar as full empty etc, which flashes if low.

I think this is actually a backward step, as battery status ought to be on the watch like the older non-bluetooth versions which show a L-M-H.

An additional screen in the watch itself that shows battery status as a percentage, and ideally the current in milliamps flowing from the solar panel would be a great firmware update.

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
you are wrong :p

there arent too many solar bt models out yet but theres more models with a fuel guage than there are without, gstb, mtgb, gwrb, grb. in fact, i think the metal squares are the only ones that dont have it.

i dont know about the non solar bt models but the ggb has a low battery warning on the watch.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I thought the Bluetooth squares are supposed to show LOW on the LCD when the battery is low. Is this not happening with your BT squares?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gary, no they don't, they send a message to the App on my iPhone, which flashes up a notification dialog on the lock screen, but it doesn't say which watch is reporting this.

I think if they drop even lower they will then show 'low' on the watch screen, but the instructions in the manual and the app help are not clear about which flags first.

·
Premium Member
5,020 Posts
Seems like a lot of faffing about when they should have just had it on the watch display, like having a car with Bluetooth connectivity and having to check an app to see the fuel level

·
Registered
350 Posts
This is a pretty frustrating user interface issue on their app. If the app is supposed to notify of a low battery before the "low" indicator on the watch face, it needs to not assume the customer only has one watch and actually say which watch is low in the notification. Or, don't even send the notification until the watch face is also showing it! Not the greatest app...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
erebus, agreed, I think this app could be better, with more detailed information about battery status. A real pity that this module doesn't have on watch battery indication.

Here's the recurring message on my iPhone - drives me batty that it reports but I can't figure out which watch it is without cycling through each one in turn.

Text Font Technology Screenshot Electronic device

I live in hope that the app is updated, and we get on watch battery reporting in a firmware update....... I won't hold my breath!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts