WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :-!

It looks like eBay is your best bet for the GW700BDJ-2, as it seems to be discontinued and not too readily available on other sites.

I definitely prefer the look of the GW700BDJ-2. The GW500A-1V can be picked up for $45 USD shipped, but it looks kinda boring to me.

Go with whatever you like best. :-! You'll have plenty of chance to buy more. :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I would trust the Casio site. I'm sure they have a clue about their watches.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
They have essentially the same module, so the same functions. Note that these include the time recorder function, which most of us would rather trade for a countdown timer which these modules don't have.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
They have essentially the same module, so the same functions. Note that these include the time recorder function, which most of us would rather trade for a countdown timer which these modules don't have.
Agreed. That's the biggest reason I got a 5500 to complement my 700bdj. However, there are worse features it could be missing than a CDT. I'd say that the 700bdj is definitely worth the higher price as the bracelet is comfy and the watch is a pretty good size. Oh, and I think the reverse display is pretty sweet, too b-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to buy the GW500A-1V.

One thing that would make this better is to get a better band on the watch.
Is there anyplace I can get the same band on the GW700BDJ-2, and put it on the GW500A-1V? This would complete the watch.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :-!

It looks like eBay is your best bet for the GW700BDJ-2, as it seems to be discontinued and not too readily available on other sites.

I definitely prefer the look of the GW700BDJ-2. The GW500A-1V can be picked up for $45 USD shipped, but it looks kinda boring to me.

Go with whatever you like best. :-! You'll have plenty of chance to buy more. :)
I like the GW700BD as well, but it's still in production, no?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Is there anyplace I can get the same band on the GW700BDJ-2, and put it on the GW500A-1V? This would complete the watch.
Your local Casio service centre may have one, or be able to order one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I ordered from this website

http://4-watches.stores.yahoo.net/cagwatosoatm27.html

Same seller on EBAY

I paid extra for UPS Ground, and they shipped US Post Office Standard. I just asked for a refund for extra money paid, and waiting for response. The watch should have been here by now, but they are taking forever.

Also, I want to make sure this website sells real, authentic watches, and not cheap imitations. This image from the Ebay ad looks like the box is cheap and fake. Again, somebody please confirm I am not being ripped off.

Thanks

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
The watches are genuine as is the packaging in the eBay ad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts