WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on purchasing a new watch and I am in need of good tips and suggestions. I already have a Rolex Submariner (gold/steel-blue dial) and a Certina DS Podium (leather strap-black dial). I am also going to get the Daytona sometime in the future! But for now I want a watch that is sort of in between the ones I have. One I can wear to work and that looks as elegant with a suit as it would with a t-shirt. My budget is around £3000! Any suggestions? Have looked at RW Nabucco, but how is the quality of RW? I really don't want a Breitling or Omega, as it seems that this is a watch type that a lot of people have!

All suggestions are more than welcome!

Thank you*

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
IWC Portuguese goes well with a suit or jeans and a polo. You should be able to find one at your budget.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
How about a Glashutte Original Senator Sixties?

Or, a Zenith El Primero Port Royal?
http://www.watches.co.uk/watch.php?wid=9391S

Else, a Grand Seiko automatic?

Of course, plenty of other choices ... if you want a diver, perhaps a Sinn U1 or U2?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
all very nice suggestions so far...I'll throw a "budget friendly" option out there for you, the Hamilton Jazzmaster...any of these 3 can be had for around $800-$1100 (last one is little more $) depending on where you buy of course. It has the 7750 (7753 for last one) movement, sapphire, exhibition back, and either a nice bracelet or leather strap. This watch also fits in your category of "not everyone and their brother has one"

pics borrowed from users: kiwidj, waruilewi, houndoggie

and my fav. :p

·
Registered
333 Posts

Breguet XX. Impossible to find new for £3k, so might have to be like new.

In my opinion it's elegant, relatively uncommon and very versatile. I think it's a solid watch in any collection.

As for RW, it's not considered to be very high on the watch scale.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Breguet XX. Impossible to find new for £3k, so might have to be like new.

In my opinion it's elegant, relatively uncommon and very versatile. I think it's a solid watch in any collection.

As for RW, it's not considered to be very high on the watch scale.

LOVE that XX.....Very sharp!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts