WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some great options...but there are probably going to be some watch snobs around - so prob not my beloved B and R, or Rolex DSSD (why does everyone get on this watch's case??) - but here are a couple I've been wearing recently...

Unfortunately the amvox 2 is being serviced (sigh) everyone loves that watch...

Current Collection:

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Rubberclad

A Lange Sohne Lange 1 Platinum

Jaeger LeCoultre AMVOX II DBS

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Chronograph

Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold & Ceramic

IWC Portuguese Automatic

BR 01-94 Phantom XXX/50

Attachments

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
beautiful collection! of yours, I would choose the JLC Chronograph, but seeing as how you're around watch snobs, you might have to wear your Lange because that brand belongs in the highest eschelon,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beautiful collection! of yours, I would choose the JLC Chronograph, but seeing as how you're around watch snobs, you might have to wear your Lange because that brand belongs in the highest eschelon,
Hey thanks! Did you mean the JLC Master Control Chrono (see pic) or the AMVOX 2 (unfortunately out for service currently)

I always assumed I was the only one who appreciated that JLC master chrono (love that watch!)

Current Collection:

IWC Portuguese Automatic

BR 01-94 Phantom XXX/50

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would wear a cheap Timex from Target just to bother stuffy people. But I'm a bit of a jerk.
Point conceded. But if I didn't care for fine watches and the stuffy people who like them I probably wouldn't go or even post on here :)

Plus it's invitation only and I probably wouldn't be invited back....

Current Collection:

IWC Portuguese Automatic

BR 01-94 Phantom XXX/50

·
Registered
190 Posts
i wouldn't wear a watch there.

over there, people judge on another individual's wealth based on the watch he wears.

keep them guessing, keep it a mystery - don't wear a watch.

·
Registered
190 Posts
if you ask me, we humans as users of luxury goods tend to "rely" & "depend" on our luxury goods/dressing for a symbol, or as an expression of anything we want to express.

imho, we'll see this time round if - without a dress watch, without any conspicuous products, if you are able to project that intelligent,
opulent, charismatic, sociable, receptive & humourous character whom we have come to know as the pinnacle of human personality.

if you have to point a gun to my head, i'll pick the lange & sohne. but everyone's wearing either this or PP or AP or VC...so where's the fun?
its like a gathering of mercedez cars......i'll stick my nose away & drive a cooper or vintage beetle there with a cigar pipe in my hand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome collection.

Why bow down to peer pressure. Wear what you like. Be individual. Buy a U-Boat and got for size ;)

from the choice I would 100% go with the Jaeger LeCoultre AMVOX II DBS

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I would wear a cheap Timex from Target just to bother stuffy people. But I'm a bit of a jerk.
lol. I was thinking the same thing, although I was going to say G-Shock. I'm mean when it comes to snobs.

~Sherry.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Lange no question

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts