WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Crown and Caliber YouTube channel recently posted a video called Watches of the Avengers where the host chose which watches each character would wear based on their specific powers, history, costumes, personalities. It was a super fun video, but I found myself disagreeing with a few of the choices. So, thought it would be fun to pose the question here but this time with DC's Justice League. Here's my picks:

1) The Flash- Omega Speedmaster Professional
Why:
Ok so obviously, the Speedmaster name is a fitting match for the fastest man alive, and with the Speedy's racing roots, it makes alot of sense. But also functionally, since the Flash is constantly moving in incredible speeds and with frenetic movement, a manual wind mechanical watch makes sense over an automatic movement. The rotor would just be going nuts and moving in speeds it isn't meant to. And since the Speedy is built well enough to withstand the wear and tear of going to space as a tool watch, it's durable enough as well.

2) Cyborg- Grand Seiko SBGC223
Why:
It has to be a Spring Drive watch for Cyborg since he is half human/half robot. That mix of old and new can only be embodied by a Spring Drive Movement. On top of that, the SBGC223, like Cyborg, is made of unconventional, futuristic, and highly durable materials. A titanium/ceramic watch that is basically scratch-proof all around is a perfect fit. And the cherry on top: the red 5 o'clock index is just like Cyborg's glowing left eye!

3) Aquaman- Doxa Sub 300 Professional
Why:
This one speaks for itself. Aquaman needs a super capable dive watch, that is dive watch first, and wrist bling second. So a Doxa fits the bill. The history of the Sub 300 as a dive watch developed by a team of divers and watchmakers gives it alot of legitimacy that would be important to Aquaman. The orange dial also matches his costume pretty well and along with the lume gives it great legibility underwater. Finally, the beads of rice bracelet is very old-school and kind of looks like scales!

4) Green Lantern- Bulova Accutron Spaceview
Why:
Since the Green Lantern's powers are only limited to his imagination, it made sense to go with an unconventional pick that focuses alot on the visual design and inventive thinking that embodies the character. The Bulova Accutron Spaceview is legendary for the tuning fork movement, which was developed originally for space use before it became commercially available. This link to outer space along with the name Spaceview showing the innovative movement fits with Green Lantern's space connection. It's green accents within the movement also goes well with the....Green Lantern.

5) Wonder Woman- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar
Why:
Wonder Woman isn't just a superhero, she's royalty and the Royal Oak isn't just a watch, it's watch royalty. Like Wonder Woman, the Royal Oak is both classic and modern, both industrial and refined. And well, besides being a Genta design (Which makes it watch royality), it's right there in the name. Both are legends. So why perpetual calendar? Well, Wonder Woman is also this ageless Amazonian being that never grows old. So naturally, she needs a watch that can keep track of things in perpetuity of course!

6) Superman- Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso
Why:
The first thing that comes to mind is to look for an indestructible watch, but I think Superman needs something that actually needs more thought than just that. He's classic. Not just a superhero but also an icon, a symbol. He's both Clark Kent and Superman. A man with two sides, one to protect the other. The steel side in this case is actually Clark Kent protecting the true identity of Superman (the watch). The Reverso is as classic and iconic as they come, just like Man of Steel.

7) Batman- G-Shock DW-5000c
Why:
Batman punches above his weight. He's the only human in a team of superhumans but manages to be one of the strongest members by using his brain and using the tools he has at his disposal in the most optimal way. So it has to be the original G-Shock for Batman. A watch that is unnasuming both in appearance and price (originally), but hits harder and can do way more than any of these other watches on the list. The black rubber case with steel underneath makes this watch super tough and stealthy much like Batman's suit. The bottom line: Batman changed the game and so did this watch.

So what do you think of my list? Agree/disagree? Let me know what your list would look like.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Can't agree with OP on some of the choices there 😄

The Flash - Omega X33
At the speed he is running, the Flash needed an accurate watch. The moonwatch's -4/+6 spd is too much variance for him.

Aquaman - Rolex Deepsea Sea-Dweller D-Blue
Aquaman is the king of the sea. He needed a tool watch that is both practical for his lifestyle (living in deep sea) and his status.

Batman - Richard Mille RM50-03
A billionaire playboy will not wear a G-Shock. A richard mille is better suited for his flamboyant image, although it is a give-away of his identity

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Superman would wear this one:

Reactions: goharryjr

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I don't think those matches in the OP make any sense for any of the Justice League--here is my take on the Flash. JS Watch's "Volcano" (his origin?). Or, if he were short on money, the "Lava" watch (his control of time and electricity?)--born as result of an explosion in the lab, he's not just about speed (and the Speedy would seem a very archaic way of measuring a velocity faster that the speed of the fastest jet ever produced)...
4bb9d-js2bwatch2bco-2bsif2bvolcano2bedition2b1.jpg
Fashion-Black-Full-Metal-Digital-Lava-Wrist-Watch-Men-Red-Blue-LED-Display-Men-s-Watches.jpg_q50.jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Kele1976

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
The Gshock seems like the only watch that's hands would not fall off the moment the Superhero did anything super.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't agree with OP on some of the choices there 😄

The Flash - Omega X33
At the speed he is running, the Flash needed an accurate watch. The moonwatch's -4/+6 spd is too much variance for him.

Aquaman - Rolex Deepsea Sea-Dweller D-Blue
Aquaman is the king of the sea. He needed a tool watch that is both practical for his lifestyle (living in deep sea) and his status.

Batman - Richard Mille RM50-03
A billionaire playboy will not wear a G-Shock. A richard mille is better suited for his flamboyant image, although it is a give-away of his identity
View attachment 15532030
OK ok. I see where you're coming from. I can see Bruce wearing the RM, but he'd for sure switch to a G-Shock as Batman. He needs a tactical watch with no fuss when he's Batmanning.

Reactions: wolfhead

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Crown and Caliber YouTube channel recently posted a video called Watches of the Avengers where the host chose which watches each character would wear based on their specific powers, history, costumes, personalities. It was a super fun video, but I found myself disagreeing with a few of the choices. So, thought it would be fun to pose the question here but this time with DC's Justice League. Here's my picks:

1) The Flash- Omega Speedmaster Professional
Why:
Ok so obviously, the Speedmaster name is a fitting match for the fastest man alive, and with the Speedy's racing roots, it makes alot of sense. But also functionally, since the Flash is constantly moving in incredible speeds and with frenetic movement, a manual wind mechanical watch makes sense over an automatic movement. The rotor would just be going nuts and moving in speeds it isn't meant to. And since the Speedy is built well enough to withstand the wear and tear of going to space as a tool watch, it's durable enough as well.
View attachment 15531748

2) Cyborg- Grand Seiko SBGC223
Why:
It has to be a Spring Drive watch for Cyborg since he is half human/half robot. That mix of old and new can only be embodied by a Spring Drive Movement. On top of that, the SBGC223, like Cyborg, is made of unconventional, futuristic, and highly durable materials. A titanium/ceramic watch that is basically scratch-proof all around is a perfect fit. And the cherry on top: the red 5 o'clock index is just like Cyborg's glowing left eye!
View attachment 15531754

3) Aquaman- Doxa Sub 300 Professional
Why:
This one speaks for itself. Aquaman needs a super capable dive watch, that is dive watch first, and wrist bling second. So a Doxa fits the bill. The history of the Sub 300 as a dive watch developed by a team of divers and watchmakers gives it alot of legitimacy that would be important to Aquaman. The orange dial also matches his costume pretty well and along with the lume gives it great legibility underwater. Finally, the beads of rice bracelet is very old-school and kind of looks like scales!
View attachment 15531778
4) Green Lantern- Bulova Accutron Spaceview
Why:
Since the Green Lantern's powers are only limited to his imagination, it made sense to go with an unconventional pick that focuses alot on the visual design and inventive thinking that embodies the character. The Bulova Accutron Spaceview is legendary for the tuning fork movement, which was developed originally for space use before it became commercially available. This link to outer space along with the name Spaceview showing the innovative movement fits with Green Lantern's space connection. It's green accents within the movement also goes well with the....Green Lantern.
View attachment 15531793

5) Wonder Woman- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar
Why:
Wonder Woman isn't just a superhero, she's royalty and the Royal Oak isn't just a watch, it's watch royalty. Like Wonder Woman, the Royal Oak is both classic and modern, both industrial and refined. And well, besides being a Genta design (Which makes it watch royality), it's right there in the name. Both are legends. So why perpetual calendar? Well, Wonder Woman is also this ageless Amazonian being that never grows old. So naturally, she needs a watch that can keep track of things in perpetuity of course!

View attachment 15531808

6) Superman- Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso
Why:
The first thing that comes to mind is to look for an indestructible watch, but I think Superman needs something that actually needs more thought than just that. He's classic. Not just a superhero but also an icon, a symbol. He's both Clark Kent and Superman. A man with two sides, one to protect the other. The steel side in this case is actually Clark Kent protecting the true identity of Superman (the watch). The Reverso is as classic and iconic as they come, just like Man of Steel.
View attachment 15531858 View attachment 15531859

7) Batman- G-Shock DW-5000c
Why:
Batman punches above his weight. He's the only human in a team of superhumans but manages to be one of the strongest members by using his brain and using the tools he has at his disposal in the most optimal way. So it has to be the original G-Shock for Batman. A watch that is unnasuming both in appearance and price (originally), but hits harder and can do way more than any of these other watches on the list. The black rubber case with steel underneath makes this watch super tough and stealthy much like Batman's suit. The bottom line: Batman changed the game and so did this watch.
View attachment 15531885

So what do you think of my list? Agree/disagree? Let me know what your list would look like.
Some people are treating this question as what would the super heroes themselves wear rather than which would represents them. I agree with most of OP's choices but have a few suggestions of my own.

For cyborg, I think the Devon tread makes a lot of sense, since GS is a bit too dressy for Cyborg

For Superman, I think I would change it to a Reverso Duo obviously because of his duo-persona

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some people are treating this question as what would the super heroes themselves wear rather than which would represents them. I agree with most of OP's choices but have a few suggestions of my own.

For cyborg, I think the Devon tread makes a lot of sense, since GS is a bit too dressy for Cyborg
View attachment 15532076

For Superman, I think I would change it to a Reverso Duo obviously because of his duo-persona
View attachment 15532077
Good call on the Devon tread. Now that I think of it I can also see the URWERK watches fitting him well too. Maybe the ur-105:

Reactions: tthien92

·
Registered
150 Posts
1) both products of WWII that were brought back in the modern era after the war ended
2) Red, White and blue colors
3) the watch is big enough to be worn practically like a shield on the wrist
4) they are both less popular than The Hulk and Batman

50231711_605457513237039_2734752020883403580_n.jpg
Chris-Evans-title-character-Joe-Johnston-Captain.jpg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Either works. I kind of like the g shock for batman in relation to the justice league though
As Bruce Wayne in the boardroom, he's more likely to wear something ridiculous like a PP Nautilus just to keep up his facade as a wreckless billionaire playboy.

As Batman in the Justice League...let's not kid ourselves...he's wearing the latest Wayne Tech device, bar none, lol.

If its just a watch that better represents Batman as a member of the Justice League, I'm going with the Hulk, but in the DC universe his Hulk has a kryptonite dial, for when Superman may get mind controlled or otherwise compromised in some way. To me that represents the type of character Batman actually is (read Tower of Babel).

·
Registered
749 Posts
Superman - Pepsi GMT

Ceramic bezel, the meteorite dial one would work too. Rolex - one of the most “indestructible” watches. Man of steel... stainless steel... 🧀

Reactions: goharryjr
1 - 20 of 30 Posts