WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between which watch to buy! I love the look of the Raven Deep Tech. Then I found the Zixen Vintage Trimix.

Are any of you guys lucky enough to own both? Can someone help?? Ha

Pics are very welcome.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Don't own any, have owned a Raven Vintage 40mm.
If it were my choice, I'd go for the Zixen. I prefer the design of the Zixen over the Raven.
Also, I'm more in favor of the ETA movement in the Zixen. Nothing wrong with the Miyota, but I prefer the ETA.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Zixen in this case. Check out the review worn & wound did on the Deep Tech. In my opinion some odd design choices, but still a nice piece. Either way you are getting a nice watch. There are a few Deep Tech listed for sale on watchrecon, give it a look!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you happen to know how the Zixen wears compared to the Tempest Viking? I would hope that it wears a bit smaller.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Z.I.X.E.N.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
i will be purchasing a Zixen Trimix. I hope it lives up to my expectations!
Good choice. I've owned 5 Zixen watches over the years, and I've been impressed with all of them. IMO, they're the best micro brand out there.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Good choice. I've owned 5 Zixen watches over the years, and I've been impressed with all of them. IMO, they're the best micro brand out there.
Now turning this into a "tell me about Zixen" thread so tell me about Zixen. I've seen the design and that's what my vote was about but what makes them stand out so much?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Now turning this into a "tell me about Zixen" thread so tell me about Zixen. I've seen the design and that's what my vote was about but what makes them stand out so much?
Great designs, great lume, best bezel action I've ever experienced (44mm Heliox), and great customer service. Plus, all five I've owned have run +4 sec. per day or better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great designs, great lume, best bezel action I've ever experienced (44mm Heliox), and great customer service. Plus, all five I've owned have run +4 sec. per day or better.
I emailed the Zixen a couple hours ago about ship times. And have already received a reply. I see your point with CS. Plus the chapter ring in the Trimix is really nice. And for some reason, the skull on the GMT is really nice. It kinda makes it unique to me.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
You won't be disappointed w/ Zixen.I owned several when they were Zinex.Great lume,sick bezel action,CS top notch.The Raven is no slouch either & Steve & Ralph have great CS too.

But I'd still go w/ Zixen.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am big on raven, it is one of few mid priced micros that I keep coming back to. The only negative I have of them is you take a bit of hit on resale if you by new.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I am big on raven, it is one of few mid priced micros that I keep coming back to. The only negative I have of them is you take a bit of hit on resale if you by new.
I ordered the Trimix tonight. Interesting that you mention the resale, as I've read the same regarding the Zixen Of course I'm sure all watches suffer from a small loss at resale. I resold a Tempest Viking, and took a pretty big hit in it. But I think it's a lesser known micro than the others.

Edit - What actually sold me on the Zixen was the video on their webpage. The girl zipping the wetsuit. That's all it took.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts