WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If say you could get either one, at the same price, brand new, which would you get and would get more wrist time?

Polluce Deep Blue on bracelet

Polluce Bronze orange on kodiak

The bronze is a lovely addition to my Nautilo bronze, but that orange is loud! I have and orange monster which is my go-to tool watch so I am no stranger to it. That said, have yet to experience an Anonimo bracelet.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Personally I'd get the bronze one just because I'd love to have a bronze cased watch. And I'm not a huge fan of bracelets too.

Whichever you choose I don't think there's really a wrong choice here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I'd get the bronze one just because I'd love to have a bronze cased watch. And I'm not a huge fan of bracelets too.

Whichever you choose I don't think there's really a wrong choice here.

Cheers!
Agreed, and I am a bronze junky :D But man that orange is loud. Reckon Anonimo will trade me a black dial for the orange one? :D

Oh and its definitely going for an AR coating as well after I get it.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
I have both exact dials so maybe my impressions might be useful. First, though, you yourself said twice that orange is "loud" which seems to suggest maybe it is too "loud" for you--you know yourself better than anyone, so I wouldn't simply ignore your inner "voices." As for my impressions: Since you do have a bronze Dino, you know you like it, the only real question is, do you like the orange dial A LOT?--I wouldn't buy it just because it is cheap, especially if you would rather have the black dial bronze Polluce--they do turn up fairly frequently, and might be worth waiting for.

The blue dial Polluce is very attractive, though more average/modest, and looks good on the bracelet, though I think the bracelet goes best with either the black dial or the yellow dial. I have aftermarket straps on 4 of my 5 Nimos, and can't find a place to put the one bracelet that I have, as impressive as the bracelet is.

If they are the same price, then for me, hands down, the bronze, but you do already have one bronze, and you really aren't sure about the orange, so perhaps the Blue dial makes more sense for you--the bracelet purchased separately is EXPENSIVE, so if the price is low, then the blue dial/bracelet combo makes good sense, especially if you are having some issues with the orange dial.

I liked my orange dial bronze Polluce so much I ended up getting the black dial bronze as well--make for a great pair. Ultimately you can't go wrong with either. (I might as well throw in the inevitable: Of course, if you can afford it, get both!)

Don't know why you think you need to have your Nimo AR coated--one of the myths about nimos--unless you work under florescent-light all day long, I doubt you will ever notice a need for it. The only time I have ever seen any kind of problem is on the tiny inner mounted cyclops over the date on my Militare--otherwise I have never once been bothered by reflections. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the insights mate. I already have the bronze Dino Zei Nautilo which is a favorite of mine.

Here's a shot of the Orange Polluce on my wrist;

I went back to the shop and tried both on and the blue Polluce just at the end doesn't speak to me. Will sleep on it regarding the orange but am very tempted.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Bronze all the way, I too am a bronze junkie. ;-) Although I would recommend you take the plastic wrapper off when you wear the watch, having them on your couch is one thing, but the watch is a whole other issue. ;-)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha I was just trying it out ;)

Anyhow, decided to give it a miss and picked something else up instead. Pics soon :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Nice choice, but I would have gotten the bronze Polluce. ;-)
I know there will be another WUS member who will be drooling over your new watch, Amer? :)
Coongrats and wear it well! :-!

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
Having owned the Sinn you got and a few others as well (been there, done that, moved on), definitely would have gone with the BRONZE POLLUCE--though maybe the black dial would have been better for you--course this is the Anonimo forum....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am enjoying the Sinn, picked it up as a spur of the moment thing. Friend of mine was selling it at a good price and thought why not since I have eyed it in the past. I will probably sell it at some point in the future though.

The bronze polluce would have been the no-brainer if it was a black dial like the one that was for sale on here 2 weeks ago and I tried to pick up (was sold just after I emailed about it). The orange unfortunately would have sat in my winder not getting the attention it deserves. If anyone wants it though, I'd be happy to help out.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
The Bronze Orange, they compliment eachother so well, and the Kodiak strap just completes that watch.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Bronze all the way... but if you have more nimos on your collection get the Polluce because the bracelet is a plus, i have it one time from a friend to sell it and believe me the blue dial on the bracelet is just stunning.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
Everybody understands that the OP has already made his decision, purchased his watch (a Sinn) and has moved on, right?

So, this thread has now become a rather arbitrary discussion--seems like we could have dozens of threads like these (which would suggest; the black dial Millemetri on bracelet or the blue dial Polluce on strap, the white dial Militare manual to the black dial D-date, and so on....)!! What's the point of further posts here?...

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
The OP already make his decision... Good choice by the way.

I just missed this thread and just want to give him my opinion... This is a forum and remember to have a good time following the rules of course and i don't think so my post was an arbitrary discussion.

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
My last comment wasn't a criticism, I just pointed out the basic fact that the OP had already bought his watch, something that it appeared some recent posters were not aware of, and if we are no longer helping a member decide between two excellent choices, it does become something of a dead end task.

You (Nelson) have posted many great pictures in recent threads, including the ones above--how about moving them to the "photo album" archive, which hasn't had much input in the last few months--they would liven up the offerings there significantly, and perhaps be of a more long lasting benefit? Whenever I go to the 'archives' it is the same one or two pictures for each watch, with few exceptions. You have nine watches, I believe, and have probably passed along several others--seems like you might have a wealth of photos to upgrade our photo album with.

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
You (Nelson) have posted many great pictures in recent threads, including the ones above--how about moving them to the "photo album" archive, which hasn't had much input in the last few months--they would liven up the offerings there significantly, and perhaps be of a more long lasting benefit? Whenever I go to the 'archives' it is the same one or two pictures for each watch, with few exceptions. You have nine watches, I believe, and have probably passed along several others--seems like you might have a wealth of photos to upgrade our photo album with.
Thanks Peter support of the photo album is always appreciated. Reviews in text or video are also greatly appreciated (hint-hint).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts