WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinning out the herd and letting one of these go, They are both great watches. I am not a diver, just curious to see which most would part with and why? I'm guessing it will come down to looks more than anything..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
IWC would go !! Breitling is just too much of a stunner.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Not fond of either, but I like the lume on the IWC. Also I like the bezel. The Breitling bezel sort of reminds me of the Submariner.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Man that's a hard one for me! I love both those watches. The IWC to me seems more casual toolish where the ling is dressy diver. But if I had to choose one I guess it would be the Ling, being that I love the style and I think I wouldn't get tired looking at it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not usually a lover of anything Breitling and I have a definite weakness for IWC but that Superocean is really singing to me, so that'll be my choice. I would think that the IWC will hold onto it's value better over time though. Personally I'd keep them both, maybe squirrel the one you like least away for a month or two then bring it out again and hey presto, you love it again. That has happened to me before and I am very glad I did. I would love to see that Breitling on a vintage brown leather strap. Phwoar!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Typically, I'm a bigger fan of IWC. But in this case, the Breitling is simply stunning and I wouldn't hesitate to send the IWC packing.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Dump that IWC. They have much better looking watches in their line. Keep the Superocean. It's an amazing beauty. Pure class, unlike some of Breitling's other offerings.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
If the IWC had a bracelet, this would be a hard choice, but with the rubber strap - how can it compete with the Breitling?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Not usually a lover of anything Breitling................
:-d Same here, generally the only statement a Breitling ever makes is "looks at me, I'ze be styl'n"....................everyone except this one - the IWC would have to go.

Also the Breitling seems a bit more versitile, more of a "desk diver" if you will.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,129 Posts
Of the two I would keep the Breitling based on looks. The IWC strikes me as out of step with the IWC reputation for fine styling.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I don't care for Breitling... but the Super Ocean Heritage is beautiful. I'd keep it and let the IWC go to a new home.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Keep the IWC.
I would not have bought the B in the first place, it is too generic of a look that Rolex owns...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts