WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble deciding between two looks for what is essentially the same watch, the Sinn UX SDR EZM2B. My AD has the standard and the GSG9 versions available.

Briefly the pros and cons on my mind are:
1. standard version has a cleaner dial, without additional GSG9 logo
2. GSG9 version more unique, with the GSG9 connection and crown at 10 o/clock.

What does everyone think?

Attachments

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The Standard one.
I strongly dislike watches and other stuff with emblems of units.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The Standard one.
I strongly dislike watches and other stuff with emblems of units.
I don't know anything about this SE. Can someone educate me as to what the emblem means or what the significance of this SE is? Without that context, I must say I prefer the standard version as well.

Is there a big difference in price?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know anything about this SE. Can someone educate me as to what the emblem means or what the significance of this SE is? Without that context, I must say I prefer the standard version as well.

Is there a big difference in price?
There is no difference in price, and as far as I know the watches are identical therefore no diff in performance either.

BTW the GSG9 is to quote wikipedia
"The GSG 9 der Bundespolizei (originally the German abbreviation of Grenzschutzgruppe 9 or Border Guard Group 9) is the elite counter-terrorism and special operations unit of the German Federal Police and is considered by Interpol to be one of the best of its kind in the world. Nations such as India, Bosnia, Ukraine, Spain and Switzerland have modeled their counter-terrorism units after the GSG 9."

While I have no particular attachement to the GSG9 branding, I do like the crown at the 10 o'clock position.

Thanks for the opinions so far. I guess one aim of this exercise is to see how my fellow WUSers feel about the two different models. At the back of my mind there is always the thought that I might want to sell this one day, and getting the more popular model would help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made this choice myself and decided on the standard version over the GSG9. For me having the insignia would feel a bit wannabe. If it were a UK built watch with SAS written all over it, having never been in the SAS I'd feel a bit of a fraud wearing it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, ended getting the UX SDR GSG9. Like you said, there is nothing wrong with having it there and the crown on at 10 I could not pass on. I also had a look at the new UX line introduced, the UX S series, and the only changes were to DLC the body, so it does not look like there will be a clean face UX with the crown at 10 anytime soon!!

Pics to follow...

The insignia is cool, there's nothing wrong with having it on there. I also like the crown at the 10.

The GSG9 version looks more unique

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
I made this choice myself and decided on the standard version over the GSG9. For me having the insignia would feel a bit wannabe. If it were a UK built watch with SAS written all over it, having never been in the SAS I'd feel a bit of a fraud wearing it.
I'm sure you'll never run into anyone whose served or is serving with GSG-9 and is highly improbable that someone will mistaken you for being a GSG-9 member. The logo looks fine and Sinn would not mind one bit selling this watch to you~Choose the one that you like, cheers! ;-)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I like the look of the GSG 9 logo and the crown at 10 is different. I Just picked up the standard UX but If I could have gotten the GSG 9 I would have definately jumped on it. My AD didn't have it available

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Thanks, No I haven't tried any other straps on it. I like it so much on the rubber I think thats where its gonna stay. I may eventually pick up a Sinn bracelet for when I want to dress it up a bit

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Thanks, No I haven't tried any other straps on it. I like it so much on the rubber I think thats where its gonna stay. I may eventually pick up a Sinn bracelet for when I want to dress it up a bit
Sinn rubber is simply the best. :-!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I like the red second hand on the standard edition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts