WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a couple of Marina Militare homage watches (helenarou and roling) which I really enjoy. I'm in the market for a white dial watch, and I came across this model from MilitaryTime. It seems like it can barely be called an hommage... more of a tasteful variation, but I'm really curious as to what the rest of you think. Any opinions?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have 3 homages (Ray Knight, Davidsen and Naples) and ordered that watch Wednesday.

I should have it in about 7 days.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
i think out of all the MM's ive seen (and thats alot) that one you have is the least like a Panerai. i wouldnt ever think its anything close to any watch Pam has offered. i think thats why i like it!

very classic, like a stowa & radomir mash-up! :-!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Some time ago, I saw a Luminor cased homage with an old (Waltham?) pocket watch dial. Does anyone offer something close to this? Preferably with roman numerals?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I tried the website but it seems to be out of service also. There are pictures of the watches but no prices and no e-mail link to contact them.

·
Registered
25,847 Posts
Hey everyone,

I have a couple of Marina Militare homage watches (helenarou and roling) which I really enjoy. I'm in the market for a white dial watch, and I came across this model from MilitaryTime. It seems like it can barely be called an hommage... more of a tasteful variation, but I'm really curious as to what the rest of you think. Any opinions?

Thanks!

Nice watch :-!

I would say it's more of an Oyster homage :think:

Rolex issued these cushion-case models more than 10 years before Panerai…

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I would say it's more of an Oyster homage :think:

Rolex issued these cushion-case models more than 10 years before Panerai…
Ahhh... so that would be the type of case the original Radiomirs were made in, back when Panerai only designed the radium sandwich dial and waterproofing and ordered everything else from Rolex?

·
Registered
25,847 Posts
Ahhh... so that would be the type of case the original Radiomirs were made in, back when Panerai only designed the radium sandwich dial and waterproofing and ordered everything else from Rolex?
Don't know… all I know is that Rolex issued these models around 1926

and if I'm right, Panerai issued its first Radiomir in 1938… with Rolex movement… :think:

So I find rather funny when today's homages are labelled as "Panerai's fakes" :-d
I've just noticed how interesting is the "9"h on the lower watch ;-)
And I thought my Alpha Planet Ocean had a very original design :roll:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts