WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The differences between my watch and the stock image of it I see online is that it has a grey eye instead of an orange one, a grey insert around the face instead of blue, and a black backlight button instead of blue. Please see attached image of my watch vs. the stock image I'm posting as well.

EDIT: After looking at the images side by side, I also notice some difference in coloring on some of the fonts (Low Temp-LCD is white instead of orange, WR20BAR is yellow instead of orange).

Should I be worried? It seems that the tide graph/lunar function are working fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Not fake, deifnitely "different." It appears that the previous owner did a module swap (or resin swap) with a 7900-3.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not fake, deifnitely "different." It appears that the previous owner did a module swap (or resin swap) with a 7900-3.
Thanks for the quick info. This watch was bought for me by my girlfriend on an ebay listing that was marked "Brand New in Box." I like the look of the customization on it, but the fact that it was marked new is unsettling.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Yeah, I'd be a little pissed if I bought something that was labled BNIB and obviously wasn't. It's not a bad looking mod, but if it were me, I'd be contacting the seller just to let him know my disappointment. Other than that, if everything works fine, and you like the looks of it...congrats on the modded 7900!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'd be a little pissed if I bought something that was labled BNIB and obviously wasn't. It's not a bad looking mod, but if it were me, I'd be contacting the seller just to let him know my disappointment. Other than that, if everything works fine, and you like the looks of it...congrats on the modded 7900!
This is likely the route I will take. I forgot to mention that the box has a manual for a module 5173 watch, totally different than this one.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
This is likely the route I will take. I forgot to mention that the box has a manual for a module 5173 watch, totally different than this one.
The 'books' supplied by Casio are rubbish anyway, print far too small, and far too many pages to follow properly. If you haven't already done so, download the manual on PDF - easier to read, and fully 'searchable'.

Download the manual here:

Timepieces - Manuals - Support - CASIO

and your module number is 3194 - enjoy your new watch...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The seller guarantees that the watch hasn't been opened (after I said that Casio does not make a G-shock like this in their factories) and that it's how it came from the manufacturer. I actually like the way it looks like this and I'm glad I received it this way. I do think that black "fins" might look better than the blue, though, since nothing on the watch is blue right now except for the fins. Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement fins, specifically black ones?

My biggest concern right now is that if the module was swapped as stated above, that the person who did so might not have known what they were doing and the watch may not be properly watersealed. I did run it under a light stream from the faucet and it appears to have withstood it just fine, though.

BTW, thanks again for all the great info I've received here so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts