WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i am about to purchase the Casio Edifice EF527D only this watch comes in 2 dial colors, white and black. I already have a Swatch with a black dial, so i just want some opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
There are a few other options. There's the EF-527D-5A, which has a brownish dial.

EF-527Branco.jpg
If you don't mind a leather strap there's the EF-527L-1A, which has a slightly different black dial featuring gold coloured markers

EF-527L-1A (3).jpg

or the EF-527L-2A with a blue dial

ef527l-2av.jpg

and there's also the EF-527BK

sw_ef-527bk-1av_1_1.jpg

Not sure if that makes your choice any easier...

(all pics filched)

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
On a busy white dial, I'd be worried about the white hands not having enough contrast. I'd have to see one in person.

The darker colors seem safer.

Reactions: Perdendosi

·
Registered
281 Posts
On a busy white dial, I'd be worried about the white hands not having enough contrast. I'd have to see one in person.

The darker colors seem safer.
I quite liked the white dial one until I saw it in person. The dial is actually more of a silver colour, and I have to say I found it a little underwhelming. The picture below gives some idea.

ef-527d-7av.jpg
(not my pic)

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Remember, you ask.............

Frankly I find most white or off white dials hard to read unless they have black or dark handsets. Lumed hands against a black dial are the easiest for me to read at a glance. I actually use these more for telling time than as fashion pieces.

Black on all but dress two tone or gold watches for me.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have the black version and I've seen the white/silver one in person.

Honestly, the white/silver version is way much more beautiful and interesting. It looks as a much more expensive watch, with better finishing and colors are more pleasant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts