WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What colour is best on both rubber and bracelet?

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

Registered
Have you considered color in terms of collection? Some people like uniformity (e.g. they like all their dials black) while others like variety (i.e. the opposite).

The OP mentions having a Speedy, so the white dial SMP could be a good complement in the collection if you want some variety. Or maybe you already have a black diver (Rolex Submariner, Tudor Black Bay, Breitling Superocean, etc.) and want some variety from it. Or maybe you like the look of the black divers you've had and want the Omega version. Any collecting philosophy is fine, but it helps to think about it in advance.

Personally (and as a big wristed guy), two of my most worn watches are my Rolex SD43 and my Omega PO (43.5 size) with white dial and ceramic orange bezel. I like the variety of having both, and the Omega with the white dial is really a lot more casual and summery.

Everyone on here knows the watches I'm talking about, but here are some photos from the internet just for fun:

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

Registered
White doesn't do much for me, but the blue ceramic dials Omega make are the best in my opinion. They are dark enough to be black in certain light, and a striking cobalt blue in sunlight. Very cool and you don't grow tired of it, which you may with white.

Registered
If I had the dough, I'd hold out for the Sedna Gold/Black version. Second place for me would be the NTD version. If I really wanted a white dial diver I would look for a Sinn 104. My two pennies.
炉\(銉)/炉

Registered
If I had the dough, I'd hold out for the Sedna Gold/Black version. Second place for me would be the NTD version. If I really wanted a white dial diver I would look for a Sinn 104. My two pennies.
炉\(銉)/炉
+1. I can't wear gold otherwise the Senda Gold/black would be right next to SS/blue for me. NTTD is a different beast IMHO.

Registered
Blue is my favorite Omega SMP dial color. The main reason I like the blue is I think it looks better on a bracelet. I don't like blue if the watch is going to have a strap.

I think the white dial goes better with more strap colors and a bracelet.

The white dial Omega Ploprof is my favorite.

Premium Member
2018 Rolex Submariner 114060
For some shots of the white one - go check out the latest pics on Jason Heaton鈥檚 (Hodinkee) Instagram: @jasonheaton

Registered
For some shots of the white one - go check out the latest pics on Jason Heaton鈥檚 (Hodinkee) Instagram: @jasonheaton
I got nosey and checked him out. He does have some great shots of the Polar SMP.

I personally went with the white one because I think it鈥檚 the more casual version and I like leaving a spot open for a black dialed diver in my rotation. Just in case I come across a black diver that I must have, I won鈥檛 have any excuses not to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
The Sedna gold and black SMP is quite possibly the best executed SMP, imo. It鈥檚 very striking and the way it looks in natural light is incredible.

White is sharp, but I can see how it looks better in pics outdoors vs the ADs harsh artificial lighting.

I鈥檝e almost bought the Sedna/black one a couple times on the used market. Who knows, maybe I will someday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cykrops

Registered
I have owned the blue for about 6 months and LOVE it. I had originally owned the black and tired of it pretty quickly. I picked up a white about a year later after contemplating the blue. The white just looked sooooooo good in pictures. It is a beautiful watch and I enjoyed wearing it but I decided to sell it and finally buy the blue.

I found the white to be the most casual of all the colors. It it鈥榮 a great looking watch but I found the white ceramic looks a bit less premium than the other colors in person. I like my watches on bracelets but the white looks the best on black rubber. I found the bracelet washes out the white dial where the contrast of the black rubber makes the dial pop.

Out of all the colors, the blue looks the best on the bracelet. I would like to try the blue on the blue rubber but I fear it might be too, well, blue. The blue dial is AMAZING. It changes to so many shades of blue depending on the light. All the colors do this but the blue is the most dramatic. I love that blue glossy mirror shine. The white is definately the plainest and least shiny of dials but that isn鈥檛 necessarily a bad thing if the other colors are too blinging and you want to tone down the look of the waves on the dial. The white does that, the other colors not so much.

This is a very timely thread because even though I love the blue, I have been thinking a lot about the white on black rubber recently. I know I would probably regret it but there is something so different about the white that makes it stand out. I鈥檓 hoping I can avoid the temptation of buying it again and selling my blue.

That is the thing about these Seamasters. They are all great and each one has its own charm.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

Registered
Well, I think you should buy which ever color you dig, and then when that's done you should come back and share stories about Tinder :)

Registered
I bought the black鈥orgeous. Then I ran across a deal on a blue one I couldn鈥檛 possibly pass up. My wife bought me the white one for Christmas this year. I think they all look better in person than in pictures鈥nd they look fantastic in pictures. The white dial isn鈥檛 as 鈥済lossy鈥 as the other two, but is just as eye-catching. I just put my white one on the bracelet, but no pics, yet.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Watch Plant Analog watch Grass Clock

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Everyday carry

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Flash photography

Registered
I was the same; went into a Boutique set on the white and left empty handed because I wasn鈥檛 as impressed as I thought I would be. At least in store, the dial had a bit of a plasticky look. I also thought about how the indices would be a different shade depending on how activated the lume was. The black was better than I expected. Few weeks later I picked up the black from my AD.
Even still, when I see pictures or videos of the white, I need to wipe the drool off my mouth; it is very photogenic. I may consider one in the future along side my black dial.

Registered
I have the blue non-wave and still brings a smile to my face every time I wear it. I would love to get the black wave dial on bracelet one day though, if funds allow it.

Registered
The thread title/subject doesn鈥檛 match the poll question. As I don鈥檛 like the rubber strap or the bracelet, I鈥檒l not vote and address the thread title/subject.

The black dial looks much better in person than it does in pictures online (my two cents). Depending on the lighting, the dial looks dark black or gray-ish, which is pretty cool.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

21 - 40 of 96 Posts