WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What colour is best on both rubber and bracelet?

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
id give anything for a white dial and white bezel smp with orange accents instead of red on the second hand and the "seamaster"

.....but i dream

·
Registered
131 Posts
I set my mind on white dial...best looking...white did not speak to me.. blue was gorgeous.. black was also stunning.. the white..white always disappoints me.. leaning towards black... the blue on bracelet was more stunning... blue strap. the black most versatile.
You sound very indecisive. Perhaps you need something in White & Blue
The SMP Tokyo White is much better appreciated in the flesh rather than the other way around.Those Blued Hands are simply fabulous
I'm not sure why but the ratcheting action of the rotating bezel is crisper cleaner and louder

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the white a lot. I've owned the Blue 2531 and the black 2598. I have a Black Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003 which I really like the looks... so white would be a nice change from the norm. Having said all that, an older blue model if i could only have one.

My current:

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

Reactions: E30 Racer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
This post got some traction 😅

I did not include all the models because some are out of budget (like the nttd or gold variants, even tho they also look stunning), and did not find the other (like the gray dial) variants to attractive.

But thanks for all your input, looks like some people agree that the white is very handsome at pictures, and not so much in real life, and some still believe it is a stunner in real life as well. But it is somehow good to know that I am not alone in being "deceived" by the pictures o_O. I kind of feel the same as bigjaymofo wrote, it looks a bit less premium than the other ones. And also, that the black looks way better in real life than in photos.

But after seeing the pictures by mdgrwl posted by tasteless.beaver, and others here I did fall in love with the white dial again, I will have to have another look at my local dealer again before I decide...

As for the blue model, yes it is "the seamaster color" as several people have pointed out, and I find it gorgeous on the bracelet. I do however find it a bit to much on the blue rubber strap, and as I mentioned, I want to use it on the rubber strap to tone it down a bit when I travel etc.

So far in my collection I have one white watch, that is a bit dressier with a leather strap, but the rest are black dials, so I guess if one looks at the collection angle, I can go both white, to have some variation, or keep on going black to keep it uniform...

Decisions, decisions.... I will be making one next week, so far I am leaning a bit towards the black as it was stunning in real life, compared to the photos. But photos in this thread has me questioning the white again :p

Either way, thanks all for the inputs, and I will post an update once I decide an buy one of them :cool:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I went to try on in the boutique and came to the same conclusion as the OP. The white dial is not as nice as it appears in the photos. It looks plastic not vibrant at all.

I went with black... Probably get a grey dial (the most unique one) when the right deal comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
Model citizen, zero disicpline
221 Posts
As for the blue model, yes it is "the seamaster color" as several people have pointed out, and I find it gorgeous on the bracelet. I do however find it a bit to much on the blue rubber strap, and as I mentioned, I want to use it on the rubber strap to tone it down a bit when I travel etc.
Nato straps are your friend here, my friend!

I posted my blue SMP on a variety of straps earlier in the thread- it really does change the perceived "blueness" depending on the color of strap.

Reactions: Joshua G

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Nato straps are your friend here, my friend!

I posted my blue SMP on a variety of straps earlier in the thread- it really does change the perceived "blueness" depending on the color of strap.
Hmm, I do have an seiko skx007 that I wear with a nato, but I find that nato straps tend to add quite much thickness, so I would prefer the rubber strap… But maybe you do have a point 🤔

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I went with the white as I have a lot of black and blue dials...

Watch Analog watch Light Clock Everyday carry

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
For wearing on rubber AND bracelet I think the black dial works best. Personally I didnt like the shade of blue on the rubber strap. I felt it didnt match the dial very well. If purchasing on rubber ONLY I reckon the white dial variant is stunning and may have the edge on the black but only get white if you have a rotation of watches. Ive found white dials to be hard going if being worn as an every day watch. Once on the bracelet I thought the white dial got a bit lost in the steel. You have a big decision to make!

Best of luck. Whichever you choose, youll have a great watch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought the black…gorgeous. Then I ran across a deal on a blue one I couldn’t possibly pass up. My wife bought me the white one for Christmas this year. I think they all look better in person than in pictures…and they look fantastic in pictures. The white dial isn’t as “glossy” as the other two, but is just as eye-catching. I just put my white one on the bracelet, but no pics, yet.
View attachment 16366157
View attachment 16366152
View attachment 16366153
View attachment 16366131

View attachment 16366132
Great collection. What strap do you have on your blue one in this picture? It is really cool looking.

·
Vendor
27 Posts
And I must say, the white did not speak to me at all, the blue was gorgeous, and the black was also stunning.
I think a lot of people feel this way about the Seamaster 300 lineup. I guess to start with relatively well-known things, most images on any watchmaker's website are generally renders instead of photos. They're typically pretty faithful to how the watch looks in real life, but because these are essentially computer-generated images they can sometimes over or under exaggerate colors or tones. Even in watch magazines or social media pages, lighting is usually optimized to make the watch "pop" in ways that a watch might not normally "pop" in real life. So it's always good to make you like what you see just by looking at poorly taken images or just seeing it in person.

With that said, Seamaster 300s are all excellent watches in all configurations and because color is normally the hangup when it comes time for people to buy, I generally recommend that customers look at their larger collection when it comes to purchasing a Seamaster 300. If you want diversity in a collection maybe consider a dial color you don't already have, or if you have a particular color theme just follow the theme.

The one thing I would recommend is to get it with the steel bracelet. I remember it being more expensive to get it after you've already bought the watch (it varies but last time I checked it was something over $600) while the rubber strap was relatively cheap (I remember around $100 from Omega last I checked) to obtain after your initial purchase so if you ever think you might want the steel bracelet I would recommend buying the steel bracelet version and then buying the rubber straps on the side. That said better prices can be found if you buy either from etsy or ebay but the same rule of thumb still applies there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for posting this discussion, OP. I've been looking and debating the same thing. Please let us know what you decide (with pics, of course)

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Same situation here. I didn’t choose yet, but the white looks plain, bigger and less versatile than the others. I’m tending to the black. Can’t decide since 2020 :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the white and as you can see by your pic it's a lot easier to read than the other colors.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have the white and as you can see by your pic it's a lot easier to read than the other colors.
That is another thing I noticed before I purchased my white dial. It is much legible to me in all conditions. I think it’s because the white ceramic is less reflective (glossy) than the blue or black dials.

This may come off as less premium to others but to me it was a definite pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
I went to try on in the boutique and came to the same conclusion as the OP. The white dial is not as nice as it appears in the photos. It looks plastic not vibrant at all.

I went with black... Probably get a grey dial (the most unique one) when the right deal comes along.

may I ask what bracelet that is? Uncle Seiko? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
may I ask what bracelet that is? Uncle Seiko? Thanks.
Yes, it is uncle seiko. A word of caution though. The bracelet is quite light… it makes the watch top heavy on my wrist

41 - 60 of 101 Posts