WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't shoot!

This very well may have been a topic prior but I bought my 114060 last Saturday at Lux Bond & Green. OCD issue but I'm looking real close and noticing microscopic white dots on the beautifully glossy jet black dial.

So microscopic I can't get a picture of it. I may be able to under a loupe but this is a quick post to see if this should concern me. I'm aware it maybe dust particles, maybe.

Wondering your thoughts?

Normal? Abnormal? Spoke with Lux Bond & Green and they expect me to come by for them to inspect it but I'd rather not have the case back opened this early.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nothing wrong with opening the caseback just to blow the dust away. Less than 5 minutes job I'd say.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It is imperceptible w/o a loupe. What are you going to do when you get the inevItable scratch? But if it is gnawing at you take it to the jeweler you reference who is authorized to service Rolex at their WH CT location. But I'd ask about affect on the watch and warranty before commencing work.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Don't shoot!

This very well may have been a topic prior but I bought my 114060 last Saturday at Lux Bond & Green. OCD issue but I'm looking real close and noticing microscopic white dots on the beautifully glossy jet black dial.

So microscopic I can't get a picture of it. I may be able to under a loupe but this is a quick post to see if this should concern me. I'm aware it maybe dust particles, maybe.

Wondering your thoughts?

Normal? Abnormal? Spoke with Lux Bond & Green and they expect me to come by for them to inspect it but I'd rather not have the case back opened this early.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Hey OP, I had the same exact problem with mine. I'll try to dig up the picture in my post history. Ended up selling it and buying another one months later.

Edit: Here is the white spot on my dial.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Dust in my brand new rolex would drive me nuts too especially when their QC is renowned to be close to perfect, really need to examine the watch before giving out the money

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am just going to own it. I know the inevitable course of action would be to send it to NYC site and have them open the case back which would be wear on my mind even more so. Don't get me wrong - I WANT scratches on my piece. I embrace them as character marks but this spec is on the inside, under my crystal, which concerns me about the integrity of the seal. That's all. If I know it does not jeopardize the waterproofness (I do take it in the Atlantic Ocean) then I'm 100% ok with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts