WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

7061 - 7080 of 7253 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
~ Buramu:

What a fine image of your lovely STOWA Marine Classic 36.

The blue alarm clock on the desk and the iMac add a layer of interest.

The luminosity on the watch is outstanding.

Such an effective timepiece image sets a high standard.

Thank you.

Tom K.

·
Registered
822 Posts
great piece and great pics!
what strap do you find going well with the Flieger Bronze?
Hi. Thanks. It took me a while to find a strap that I really liked with the bronze flieger. I didn't care for the OEM strap. I thought it needed a pilot strap but I wasn't successful in finding one with bronze rivets (stainless rivets didn't look right). Laco makes one with bronze rivets but they won't ship the strap without a watch purchase. I tried the Rio pilot strap and one from B and R, but I didn't like the white stitching with the bronze case and aged numerals.

In the end, I had this horween chromexcel strap made by an Etsy seller. He was able to stitch it in that pilot strap style (double box end?) and I chose a thread color to compliment the numerals. The strap isn't notched but that's OK. I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi. Thanks. It took me a while to find a strap that I really liked with the bronze flieger. I didn't care for the OEM strap. I thought it needed a pilot strap but I wasn't successful in finding one with bronze rivets (stainless rivets didn't look right). Laco makes one with bronze rivets but they won't ship the strap without a watch purchase. I tried the Rio pilot strap and one from B and R, but I didn't like the white stitching with the bronze case and aged numerals.
View attachment 15741302
In the end, I had this horween chromexcel strap made by an Etsy seller. He was able to stitch it in that pilot strap style (double box end?) and I chose a thread color to compliment the numerals. The strap isn't notched but that's OK. I couldn't be happier with it.
View attachment 15741304
The stitching is on point!

7061 - 7080 of 7253 Posts