WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

781 - 800 of 7258 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lexus, which Antea is that? The KS 41?
Thanks. I'm looking to get one, that's all. Great watch.
That's the regular KS, you can tell by looking at the subdial at 6, the 41 has some space in between the top of the subdial and the center of the watch compared to the regular KS where the subdial fits right in. Other than the size the only other difference are the movements. As far as I know. :)

@Lexus: Great shot btw, all of your pics come out great! What's the secret? Do you have a photographer? Some of those angles look like they need some 3rd party help. Been drooling over your pics for quite some time now. Keep them coming!

·
Registered
572 Posts
That's the regular KS, you can tell by looking at the subdial at 6, the 41 has some space in between the top of the subdial and the center of the watch compared to the regular KS where the subdial fits right in. Other than the size the only other difference are the movements. As far as I know. :)

@Lexus: Great shot btw, all of your pics come out great! What's the secret? Do you have a photographer? Some of those angles look like they need some 3rd party help. Been drooling over your pics for quite some time now. Keep them coming!
thank you Kanguru. You are right about the watch. As for the photography, I use a tripod and a remote control to take those shots. Thanks again for the kind comment!

·
Premium Member
40,599 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
View attachment 1115653

View attachment 1115654

Hello everyone, and welcome to Monday.

I'm starting the week with (a) the Stowa Flieger (no logo) and also (b) a grey shirt wot's looking a bit threadbare at the cuffs.

The Stowa is the watch that got me into all this WIS trouble in the first place. If you recall, I'd been captivated with the idea of an IWC Mark 15 but could quite make the step of spending $4,000 on a wrist watch. So I sniffed around the Web, read up on the Mark 16's heritage (Luftwaffe, Beobachter-Uhren, and all that) which led me naturally to Laco and Stowa. Same heritage, similar homages to their *own* back catalogues, but at a fifth of the price. I hovered momentarily between choosing a Laco or a Stowa, but in the end went for the Stowa. Could quite as easily been the Laco, but no regrets as to my choice. And if *you* went with the Laco (as did a pal of mine) then there'll be no regrets with that choice either.

I've even forgiven the Luftwaffe for bombing my grandmother's house flat. But if it happens again, I'll be mortally offended.

The only excuse I can offer with regards to the shirt is that I've been a bit busy this last week to collect my newly cleaned and pressed white work shirts from the nice people wot do that sort of thing for me.

Digression? Moi?

Started wearing Thomas Pink shirts about twenty years ago *but* realised the importance of cuff-linked white shirts about twelve years ago when I was on a project dominated by McKinsey consultants. I was just a lowly oik trying to look bright (enough) in an environment filled with some of the smartest people on the planet. During some meetings all I could hear was the tap tap tap of cuff-links on the meeting table as this or that (very important, very serious, very senior, oh so very credible) point was being made regarding the change of world banking history that was upon us. Which didn't change. Or more to the point *did* change, but not as anyone predicted. Although I'm sure a five year old child might have figured out the mortgage-backed securities mess using "King has no clothes on" reasoning.

Probably did, just didn't get listened to.

Anyways, some of those meetings got a bit... boring. So I entertained my wandering mind by admiring the monochrome dress sense of yer top of the range management consultant. Plain black suits (no stripes), plain white shirts (with cuff-links), plain black shoes, black socks, plain black tie. Plain dark grey tie if they're feeling racy that day. A McKinsey consutant wearing a dark grey tie on two consecutive days is likely to be on a spiral of decline. Watch out for that.

So I bought meself a couple of black suits, a pile of plain white Thomas Pink shirts (and a few sober cuff-links, no skull and crossed bones for me) and rebranded my image as just the sort of chap who may be a top-end management consultant (if I'd been smart enough) and stuck to it ever since. I possess just one tie. It's dark rey, which is rather rebellious of me.

So look in horror (as do I) at myself out of uniform. Grey shirt. Oh dear. Frayed cuffs. Oh my lord. No cuff-links! Call the authorities!

Ric
Are the mckinsey guys wearing black suits? They should be avoided for day time wear. But any way, awesome watch. Well done!

·
Registered
219 Posts
2K7Kef6EEKKvPspiMk7DuY2LRauoaIO1xt_Nhgw5Aks.jpg

My apologies for the bad Instagram photo.

Reactions: Lexus050470

·
Registered
916 Posts
I think I'm breaking an unwritten rule here, but I ordered my flieger with an extra rubber strap to wear for the hot summers here. I'm actually really pleased with the look and comfort of the strap and think it works surprisingly well with the flieger. Adds a bit of sportiness. Sorry about the crummy cell pics, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I think I'm breaking an unwritten rule here, but I ordered my flieger with an extra rubber strap to wear for the hot summers here. I'm actually really pleased with the look and comfort of the strap and think it works surprisingly well with the flieger. Adds a bit of sportiness. Sorry about the crummy cell pics, but you get the idea.
that actually looks really good :)

781 - 800 of 7258 Posts