WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

901 - 920 of 7246 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have definitely looked at NATO Strap Co but I do like your color combination. I'll need to look into Jay's options again as they seen like the best option.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The only issue I have with the strap is the hardware. Not only is it satin finish (not a huge deal), it's also pretty thin. The keepers will hold up okay, but I'm either going to replace the buckle or be gentle with it.
Isn't the satin finish a good thing since it matches the case?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Isn't the satin finish a good thing since it matches the case?
Sorry I didn't answer earlier, but I've been away.

The case finish on the fliegers is brushed, which is close, but not exact.

Here's an example of brushed finish.
image.jpg

And the image below is satin finish.

Not that big of a difference, so it should be obvious that my OCD is kicking in again. ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks! I thought the case was brushed too, but was told in another thread (Flieger dial sizes) that it was satin. Now I'm kind of confused.
Here is an image of the flieger directly from Stowa's site. Note the lines in the case. That's a brushed finish. My Baumuster B looks just like this.

image.jpg

Take a look at post 838 of this thread. The picture showing the caseback shows circular patterns across the entire caseback with a convergence point in the center. If this had been satin finished, there would be no convergence point.

By the way, if kai1839 had tried to touch up a satin finished case with the scratch pen, the patch he worked on would look different from the rest of the case. This pen actually scratches the case creating the brush lines.

Unfortunately, the terms are often mixed up, even in the jewelry industry, where people should know what the correct term is, so it's understandable that they do get mixed up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here is an image of the flieger directly from Stowa's site. Note the lines in the case. That's a brushed finish. My Baumuster B looks just like this.

Unfortunately, the terms are often mixed up, even in the jewelry industry, where people should know what the correct term is, so it's understandable that they do get mixed up.
My A dial and your B dial have the same case. I always thought it was brushed and was surprised to learn that it was satin in that other thread. I guess I was right all along. Thanks for the clarification frogger17!

901 - 920 of 7246 Posts