1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I need a watch to do my gardening in. But I actually do like it more then I like some of the other 'wilder' daytona's out there.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
19,596 Posts
I'll pass, I hate wearing a counter weight.
Heh... Yeah, probably true. I have yet to handle a solid gold or platinum watch, but if the weight difference is anything like my platinum wedding ring, I think this watch would make me walk sideways.

And I agree, the sky-chocolate color combo is awful.

·
Registered
192 Posts
sorry to drag up an old thread, but I tried this on today, (to clarify I am not in the market for this but my jeweller was kind enough for me to try),

HOLY crap it is so heavy, the the clasp alone might weigh more than a submariner, and although I liked the colour of the face, the rest well, it isnt a looker really is it? with that brown but myyyy the weight.

daytona116506.jpg

Reactions: How to be Swell

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The only good Daytona is a rapidly flipped Daytona :)

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
19,596 Posts
In the time since I posted in this thread, I was able to handle a platinum Day-Date.

Holy moly, that thing is heavy! The glacier blue dial is pretty nice, though. If this Daytona's dial is similar, I admit that I'm warming up to it, brown bezel and all.

I still don't think that all the extra effort makes this worth it over the "lesser" all-steel Daytona. I suppose that my taste doesn't lean towards bling-for-bling's-sake.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,594 Posts
sorry to drag up an old thread, but I tried this on today, (to clarify I am not in the market for this but my jeweller was kind enough for me to try),

HOLY crap it is so heavy, the the clasp alone might weigh more than a submariner, and although I liked the colour of the face, the rest well, it isnt a looker really is it? with that brown but myyyy the weight.

View attachment 1259215
Definitely my new grail. I think it is stupendous :-!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love this model, not for some technical feat, or the blingy materials, but I genuinely like the color combination. If it came in steel at an affordable price, I would probably already own it. Which is exactly why I wrote about it when I started this thread, it is a beautiful watch ...to me at least lol

Reactions: clover4studio
1 - 16 of 16 Posts