WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you post pictures and give me your impressions of the watch.

Also I'm looking to import into New Zealand, anyone know where I can get a good deal on one?

Cheers,

Dan.

·
Registered
421 Posts
These two watches are so different.
The Acrylic gives a vintage look, just like my 40 years old Sinn 101, the St Sa looks a lot "chic".
I do prefer the A Sa, but the St Sa is a perfect versatile watch, looking good for everyday at work and not afraid when the action shows up.
The best thing is try, but as you can't i'll try to take or gather pics in the next days to show you the differences.

For how to get one, i have a proposition, invite me for the world cup, and i'll be the deliverer of the 103!
Besides that, contact the factory, they will not let you down and find you the best way to get one of those beauty.

and a wristshot on a 16 or 16.5 cm wrist

those beautiful pics of Leflat (or Lef on WUS) shows the warm side of the glass due to the acrylic.

on the other end, the 103 Saphire glass looks shinier, dressier

between the two, i chose none of them, but a 101, their ancestor with a valjoux 726 in it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The St Sa is my first mechanical watch. I'm enormously pleased. A major component of my satisfaction - since I come from $35 Casios - is the accuracy. After a 2 month "break in" during which I collected an absurd amount of rate data, it's done + 1.3 sec/day over a week, worn everyday, stored crown up overnight. I'm done timing it; I'm just going to check it once a week, and enjoy it. It's really spoiled me.

The implementation of the bezel on this watch was a big, pleasant surprise for me. Aesthetically, I feel that it does not dominate the face of the watch (see how it looks chunkier on the A Sa), yet is easy to read, and its bi-directional countdown configuration let's me use it frequently as an "alarm". I think that the looks and utility of this bezel are rare. I could probably be happy without the chrono functions.

I don't see any scratches in the outer AR coating - and it's taken some frightening hits. The chrono seconds hand zero was slightly to the left when I got it, and maybe it's moved a bit further with use. But it's still only about a quarter of a second off. If this can be tweaked in a warranty repair, I'll probably do it. That'll be a good excuse to buy another watch. The day/date change is excruciating, with the date beginning a little after 11:00, and the day finishing up close to 1:00. I don't know if that means anything, and as long as it's mechanically stable, I don't care. If it does mean something, I'll look for that warranty repair.

After almost three months of almost daily wear, there are tons of scratches that don't really show. It looks great to me.

Very happy; very satisfied. When I look at similarly configured Swiss watches, they are much more expensive.

Enjoy your decision making, and the watch.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I've owned my St Sa for about four years. It's been very reliable and I get some compliments. It's one of my favorites and goes well with jeans or dress clothes. I usually keep it a brown croc or black lizard strap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts