WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a small one as a gift and I am having a blast playing with it. I know a few of you have some serious ones also.

So, who among us has a "black light" and approximately what size is it.

PS...I find it charges superluminova watches in much less time for a much longer lasting effect and I have a teeny one.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I bought mine off the 'Bay. It's a single AA battery. 12 lights. Diameter of the head is 1". And the length is 3.5"s.

Love it!:-!

Similar to this photo. But only 12 LEDs

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mine uses 3AAA batts. and is pocket size. As well as with your watches, try it outside at night--some little garden critters really glow when the light hits them....kinda cool

Oh and sorry to hear about your "teeny one"---I get lots of junk email that says they can fix that. :-d Sorry.......I couldn't resist. ;-)

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I snagged a Ball Watch one at a GTG. Keep it on my keychain, charging all non-tritium watches I come across!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I have an Inova X-1 UV. :-!

Features of Inova X1 UV (UltraViolet) LED Flashlight:
- single lifetime UV LED bulb, 395 nm
- measures just 3.9" long by .72" diameter
- water resistant
- shock proof
- runs on one AA battery, included
- can be used with AA lithium battery
- power regulated with 10 hour run time
- made in USA

;-)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I have this flashlight too. It's excellent!

The black light on the Ball pen isn't bad in a pinch either.

Rob

I have an Inova X-1 UV. :-!

Features of Inova X1 UV (UltraViolet) LED Flashlight:
- single lifetime UV LED bulb, 395 nm
- measures just 3.9" long by .72" diameter
- water resistant
- shock proof
- runs on one AA battery, included
- can be used with AA lithium battery
- power regulated with 10 hour run time
- made in USA

;-)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also have an Inova X-1 UV light. I suspect many people bought their's from MWR as I did.

Before that I had (and still have) an Arc AAA-UV light. This is an aluminum LED light barely bigger than the AAA cell that is inside of it to power the light. It is about as bright as the Inova X-1, but the beam is not so focused, spreading wider.

Just for effect, here's my vintage West End Sowar Prima watch with radium painted hands and numbers. It no longer glows, unless you shine it with UV light. b-)

I think I used the Arc AAA for the photo.

·
Registered
119 Posts
does anyone know any health risks over using blacklight? Isn't that supposed to be the same as UV light wherein we can get cancer or stuff like that from overexposure? Or is the light from the small flashlights too weak to cause such dangers?

thanks, Chris

·
Registered
944 Posts
does anyone know any health risks over using blacklight? Isn't that supposed to be the same as UV light wherein we can get cancer or stuff like that from overexposure? Or is the light from the small flashlights too weak to cause such dangers?

thanks, Chris
I'm sure its no worse than your Cell phone Chris;-)
I just got one from a fellow WUS member :)thanks Scott) and i Cant stop playing with It:-d

·
Registered
111 Posts

thanks, Chris
They are really "near UV" in that they operate at the edge of your visible spectrum. The UV spectrum is very wide and it is energy of higher frequency than these devices operate at that is what cooks your skin and gives cancer. The power output is also quite low. Still, it is unhealthy to shine directly into the eyes though, even with UV filtered glasses.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks a lot BF Hammer! Gives me the go signal to purchase one soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts