WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already opened a same topic on Omega thread. But....
I have decided to openen another thread here on public forum because I think that anyone who has an Omega Seamaster Planetocean, or anyone who wants to buy one, has to know about this technical problem I had with it. It is unaceptable at this level....
I recommend to those who already have the watch to checked it well, and thouse who want to buy it to ask de dealer for the problem and to verify if it has the same issue.
This is a little video that I made to show you the issue.
OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Sochi 2014 Limited Edition Watch Review - YouTube

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Ok, so yours has a problem. Take it back to Omega. This kind of thing can happen with complicated mechanical objects.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I've already opened a same topic on Omega thread. But....
I have decided to openen another thread here on public forum because I think that anyone who has an Omega Seamaster Planetocean, or anyone who wants to buy one, has to know about this technical problem I had with it. It is unaceptable at this level....
I recommend to those who already have the watch to checked it well, and thouse who want to buy it to ask de dealer for the problem and to verify if it has the same issue.
This is a little video that I made to show you the issue.
OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean Sochi 2014 Limited Edition Watch Review - YouTube
What exactly is not acceptable? It is a mechanical watch, mechanical "everything" from every level of quality, can and do malfunction from time to time, brake down.... or even explode!
Take it to Omega, awesome warranty, even better costumer service...and don't worry, be happy ;-)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Lol

I u desgane your frustration but your going the wrong way about it.....

We are not going to riot to your cause.....

Get a refund... Exchange it... But this... This you're doing here is not hurtin them and is not helping you.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
First you don't say what the issue is but make me watch a video, then you don't talk in it. Communication isn't your thing huh?

It's a simple fix for any watchmaker if you don't want to send it in. How did you not spot this in the store? Online purchase?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow that is completely unacceptable, even for a $100 mechanical. How it got past QC i don't really know, i've never seen this kind of glaring fault on any watch before.

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
Wow that is completely unacceptable, even for a $100 mechanical. How it got past QC i don't really know, i've never seen this kind of glaring fault on any watch before.
That was my take too, I have a $24.00 Vostok that seems to be able to get this right, and here the guys 4K watch is doing nonsense like that? I can't even begin to imagine how upset I would be if I saved for a year and that showed up. Hopefully it gets straightened out, this is the equivalent of a new luxury cars transmission dropping at 400 miles.

I'm surprised by everyone's "ho-hum" attitude.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Built on a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning I'd say.

It does not appear that you looked very closely at the watch in the showroom before you left with it.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Sorry to see your brand new watch has a problem and you're obviously very pissed off about it, but a little perspective is needed. Tens of thousands of Planet Oceans have been manufactured and sold and 99%> are entirely problem free including mine which has operated perfectly in the 7 years I've owned it and the vast majority of Omega owners will have had a similar experience to me.

Just go back to the dealers and get your money back, but don't be so naive to think that these problems don't occur with other brands.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
For those that didn't read the other thread the watch didn't go through QC with the glaring issue, it manifested after the OP had it a couple of days. Clearly unacceptable but unfortunately these things happen to every manufacturer, the test is how it is dealt with.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
OP you really need to relax, your watch has 4 years warranty...
4 years...not 4 days... it's just a watch that somehow got broken. Joining several watch forums to post threads like this isn't going to fix it and it's not good for your mental health (and you should know it)
saludos,
AAMC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Ok, I don't usually comment on threads like this... I understand "the sky is falling", and you're doing your best Chicken Little impersonation, however, I do agree that it's unacceptable for Omega to let this watch into the hands of a customer. I sympathize with you, on that.

I'd like to know the whole story, though. Did you purchase this from an Authorized Dealer or Boutique? If so, I'm surprised that this wasn't caught at that level, when the watch is finally handed-over to the customer (PDI). Naturally, it should not have gotten that far, which makes me wonder if the watch was damaged in shipping...

Furthermore, my AD always sets the time on my purchases as a courtesy and as a part of the final inspection before I walk-out. I've never had an issue, and think your unfortunate and unacceptable situation could have been avoided by a responsible AD.

That being said, you should have the peace of mind in that you have a comprehensive warranty. Simply return the watch for a replacement and post about your pleasant experience with Omega's warranty service.

Good luck.

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
192 Posts
I recently got a po 8500 and it had 2 issues, knowing its a keeper I asked around here for a second opinion, and thus sent it back.

13 days later it's back with me all issues fixed, these things happen, regardless the name or cost. Yes it can upset but boy I was a happy chappy when it came back, it was like I re-purchased it again.

The fast turn around and excellent AD service restored all faith.

Reactions: Vakane

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
My old grad school roommate has dozens of POs without issue. I'd be upset too as the recipient, but there's no way I would extrapolate to such a mass produced watch. It'll be fixed in 15 minutes. No biggie. Even Grand Seiko makes a mistake every once in awhile.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I'd like to know the whole story, though. Did you purchase this from an Authorized Dealer or Boutique? If so, I'm surprised that this wasn't caught at that level, when the watch is finally handed-over to the customer (PDI). Naturally, it should not have gotten that far, which makes me wonder if the watch was damaged in shipping...

Furthermore, my AD always sets the time on my purchases as a courtesy and as a part of the final inspection before I walk-out. I've never had an issue, and think your unfortunate and unacceptable situation could have been avoided by a responsible AD.

Good luck.
Although it was in the other thread the OP mentioned the issue did not show up initially so the dealer had no real chance of catching it nor did Omega QC.

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
if all the QC didn't catch it, and neither the AD then maybe the OP accidentally whacked it hard against something maybe in his sleep... it's obvious misaligned hands, not movement related.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
It's mechanical, things happen. Slamming an entire range of watches seems a bit much.

I'm not defending Omega as this shouldn't happen but it does and across all brands of all price ranges. Hope they get it resolved for you but it does carry a 4 year warranty which is longer than most.

I've also owned more watches than I'd like to admit and I've spotted some kind of issue with almost all of them being a bit of a perfectionist freak with things like this. And this ranges from watches costing several hundred to several thousands of dollars. Best of luck getting it resolved.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
My old grad school roommate has dozens of POs without issue. I'd be upset too as the recipient, but there's no way I would extrapolate to such a mass produced watch. It'll be fixed in 15 minutes. No biggie. Even Grand Seiko makes a mistake every once in awhile.
Grand Seiko does what? How come they make mistakes when producing only a dozen of GS's / year?

(Hehehe....just a joke...)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

1 - 20 of 92 Posts