WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A collector posted on another forum that he received his today 6/10 GMT +8 in New Jersey, USA.

Anyone else? If yes, please reply with when you received the watch and where you live.

I'm trying to guess when I can expect to receive my watch.

Thank you!

Waiting in anticipation:-!

·
Registered
227 Posts
The postman tried to deliver mine yesterday, but I wasn't home. Picked it up at the post office today.
Looks great!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got mine today here in the UK, wearing it as I type!

·
Registered
516 Posts
got mine..but a question for you guys... when you shake the watch, it knocks around inside like the rotor or movement is just flopping around in there..really looks...like a loose bolt is flying around inside the case...

is Vostoks like these usually have something knocking around in there? I cannot figure out how to open the case to check it out..

thanks,

david

·
Registered
733 Posts
My 2416b does not make a sound. Something probably came loose. Do you have a case back remover? You have to unscrew the ring around the back.

·
Registered
733 Posts
So it doesn't look like this?

·
Registered
733 Posts
That's not good.o|

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sorry to see that. That sucks. Good luck on fixing it. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
516 Posts
ok..update..I was able to find a screwdriver almost small enough...sanded the tip flat on 600 grit sandpaper and was able to rescrew the rotor back on...its now working properly.

David

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cool! Glad to hear you got it working.|>

·
Registered
108 Posts
ok..update..I was able to find a screwdriver almost small enough...sanded the tip flat on 600 grit sandpaper and was able to rescrew the rotor back on...its now working properly.

David
Taken with other members' stories about problems with the Amphibia 1967, I am a bit concerned about Vostok's recent quality control.

Do any of you have an inside scoop? Are these quality control problems flukes, or are there problems at the factory?:-s

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Taken with other members' stories about problems with the Amphibia 1967, I am a bit concerned about Vostok's recent quality control.

Do any of you have an inside scoop? Are these quality control problems flukes, or are there problems at the factory?:-s
Recent quality control? That kinda implies they used to have a quality control... ;-) QC has always been sloppy at Vostok. The bottom line is that when you get one that works from the factory on it will usually go on forever ;-) :-d

·
Registered
108 Posts
Recent quality control? That kinda implies they used to have a quality control... ;-) QC has always been sloppy at Vostok. The bottom line is that when you get one that works from the factory on it will usually go on forever ;-) :-d
I didn't realize QC was so shoddy...I've only owned one "new" Vostok watch that was factory-defective (repaired under warranty). I've got several Vostoks that are 20+ years old, and only one of them died.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've noticed the odd issue with my Radio room too, though mainly fairly minor items. I found that adjusting the bracelet was very hard, despite having the right tool (One of those watchmaker's bracelet adjusting awl thingies) I couldn't get the pins out - they either bent or started bending the bracelet finish! I was trying to push them out in the direction of the arrows - trying to get them out the other way didn't work as the pin ends just separated around the awl's point. In the end I had to physically bend out the bracelet metal prongs on the underside of the bracelet, take out the ones I didn't want then carefully bend them back into position.

Also on my Radio Room the minute numbering on the upper part of the face is partially obscured by the frame, looks like it was put on a bit too high up:

However, despite all this I love the watch! It's gaining about 20 seconds a day, so might try to regulate it at some point, though a bit worried about compromising the waterpoofing if I take the case back off! Though at the moment I'm just enjoying wearing it. :-!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have now received the two I ordered (one date and one "no date") and noticed on both the same misalignment issue of the dial (more present on the date version where the lower part is partially obscured).
On both, the crystal is quite scratched. This is not a real problem for me as I am used to polish my other watches but usually the Vostok I have bought so far always came with a protective film on the crystal, which was not the case here.
The other issue I noticed is about the color of the sectors on the dial which was already mentioned in a previous thread: the pink is not really pink but more of a "flashy red" and the red looks like it has been "stone washed" (so slightly faded).
Again, no real problem for me and I'm really happy to have ordered both versions. I will try to post pics later to be more factual.

Once again, I would like to thank all people who have spent a lot of their time to put this project in place.

Benoît

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Mine arrived today (*66 / 99 ) in the UK. Seems OK, no scratches, winds OK with a positive feel...the bezel isfirmly attached unlike some of my other Amphibia's however the date is slightly mis-aligned but I've seen this before and it's no biggie...overall a: :-!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts