WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm thinking of modifying my old 157. Replacing the techmeter bezel (which I have no use for) with the GMT bezel. Anyone know the sources for the bezel?? Then the watch will be PVDed.

Thanks for your help.
Mee+

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rwhy not try...

RGM for the part? It was offered as a regular option on that model, so it would be reasonable to think RGM could order it and replace it for you. heck, I'd bet they would let you keep the tack bezel as well if you ever decide to sell it.

Now, if you're asking "where can I find one no questions asked, cheap and without the possible manditory service", I have no idea. I seriously doubt you're going to find an old watchmaker with a drawer full NOS Sinn parts sitting around somewhere. But if you do, I'll take a new dial and set of hands for my EZM 1.

-avp

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Rwhy not try...

RGM for the part?
hmm..yeh I should give it a try.

But if you do, I'll take a new dial and set of hands for my EZM 1. -avp
What's wrong with your EZM1 ? Just curious. I have an old 3H dial which its Titrium is faded but still beautiful. The more yellow, the more beautiful it is.;-)

·
Registered
24 Posts
not to hi-jack

your thread, but my EZM 1 markers are like yours in that have faded to a mellow yellow. I'm constantly comparing to my U1 and the yellow just doesn't do it for me. In fact, it makes me want to sell it but then I realize I'll probably never be able to replace it, so I'm on the fence about it.

-avp

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
HI Mee,

it´s hard to come by the GMT bezel, i had the 157 with that one and mine lost some of the paint. When i had the watch restored at Sinn in FRA they couldn´t change it, because they had none left :-(
Maybe the one from the Tutima Military Chrono fits (same movement)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Re: not to hi-jack

your thread, but my EZM 1 markers are like yours in that have faded to a mellow yellow. I'm constantly comparing to my U1 and the yellow just doesn't do it for me. In fact, it makes me want to sell it but then I realize I'll probably never be able to replace it, so I'm on the fence about it.

-avp
Your preference, but I too, like the yellowed markers and hands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts