WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering getting a Space Black Milanese Loop. The only thing making me hesitate is reading about this strap scratching the cases or ceramic back.

Can those who have the Milanese please give their experience with them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,816 Posts
I remember this question living on the MacRumors forums for a while.

Basically, people still weren't sure whether the steel was scratching the ceramic or if the steel was rubbing off onto the ceramic (if that makes sense). And, yes, the black DLC versions were a little harder to figure out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have the black Milanese band from my Series 2 Black SS. Your concerns are correct, the Milanese band will scratch the back of the watch IF it comes in contact with the band. Unfortunately the back of the watch is magnetic and so is the band so it doesn’t take much for the two to come in contact with each other if you’re not careful. The only way I’ve avoided this is to rest the AW on its side and leave a big gap between the back of the watch and the band whenever I’m not wearing the watch. The one or two times I wasn’t careful there are scratches on the back of my Series 2 that match the pattern of the Milanese band.

I’m not sure if the new Series 4 back has improved durability against this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
7,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for this response. I’ve read other forums which confirm it happens in Series 4 too. I’m not as concerned with the aesthetic as much as the possibility of affecting the sensors. As much as I like the look, thinking I’m going to pass on it.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Having just now read this thread, I’m with you, Doug. I think I’ll save myself 199 bucks and put it towards multiple other straps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had one, just be warned if you have any arm hair at all it pulls terribly! I didn't notice any scratching issues, on a series 4 stainless steel model, though.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
So glad i read this thread i was seriously thinking of getting the black version, best hair puller i have ever had was an old speedy pro in the 80's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have had the Milanese loop band for months now on my Series 4. Haven't had the first hair pulled! Not sure this is a real problem!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts