WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Please, don't post pictures of Gemini 4. That might make my wallet hurt...:-!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have three and if I see another that takes my fancy it will become four

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,521 Posts
This thread is painfully void of photos...let's fix that...
Good point - I'm in. I currently have 3 Speedmasters and plan to get at least 2 more, 1 of which will be a FOIS.

3570.50 - currently out for service and will return with a brown dial that came off a chocolate sapphire sandwich.

3572.50 - an older one with tritium hands/dial and a gilt 863 movement

3594.50 - my first Speedy and the one that started this expensive obsession.

A few spare parts for some planned projects.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Saxon007 said:
3572.50 - an older one with tritium hands/dial and a gilt 863 movement
Very nice collection of Speedies and parts |>.
Even though I know what it looks like, can we still request a movement shot? After all, you did "brag" about it, so ..... pics or ..... :-d

·
Premium Member
5,521 Posts
They both look great. b-)

I understand the newer rhodium-plated finish has better corrosion resistance and that is why Omega uses it now instead of the older gilt finish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't own two, I own three:
  1. 3750.50 - got it in 2000 after waiting for almost 30 years
  2. 3572.50 Mitsukoshi Conversion - couldn't find (or afford) the real deal
  3. 311.32.40.30.01 FOIS - because I can
View attachment 5405618

No way I can justify these, but hey, I can spend my play money however I want. And am struggling not to add #4

Kidding aside, I get your thinking; I followed similar paths. Just do it.
Nice trio!
I have also one 3750.50 Pro Hesalite that I want to use a donor watch for a Mitsukoshi conversion (already sourced the dial/hands) and one FOIS that will remain my black dial Speedy.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
No justification necessary! As you can see from this thread, many people have more than one. Heck, if that's what you feel you want, then go for it! I am currently thinking about getting a second JLC Reverso, which is my favorite watch, just so I can use it as a beater. So don't feel bad, just go ahead if it's what you want.(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
If its ok for daytona fans to own several daytonas, then why cant speedmaster fans own several speedmasters? The speedmaster is no slouch in the collector's world. I'd like to have a ck2998, a speedy tuesday, and an ultraman one day

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
If its ok for daytona fans to own several daytonas, then why cant speedmaster fans own several speedmasters? The speedmaster is no slouch in the collector's world. I'd like to have a ck2998, a speedy tuesday, and an ultraman one day
Exactly. If you enjoy a specific dial get another variations of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 40 Posts