WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who have quit their Apple Watch after using it for more than a month & switched back to mechanical?

Hi

I was wondering, who have used their Apple Watch for a month and more but decided to stop wearing it completely and go back to using a mechanical watch.

Thank you.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Re: Who have quit their Apple Watch after using it for more than a month & switched back to mechanic

i actually did quit wearing my apple watch and went back to a mechanical watch, but that was after 3 months

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Who have quit their Apple Watch after using it for more than a month & switched back to mechanic

I actually rotate a good amount depending on the activity I’m doing. I do appreciate the new series 3 and is a pretty good constructed watch, but even then, nothing can truly replace them in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts

Great question! Lol I recently got an apple
Watch series 2 and was super excited about getting one. Opened the box and then had that feeling of utter regret. It hasn’t been used or worn. So now it may see the light of the classifieds. I can’t stop wearing my mechanicals as I love them too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts

The apple watch series 3 is tremendously improved over the series 1 I had...I've been contemplating selling my speedy as I feel bad about wearing the apple watch instead!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts

Has anyone ever been complimented by a stranger about their Apple watch? I just don't see that happening. A pretty mechanical, yes it happens ...

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,469 Posts

Has anyone ever been complimented by a stranger about their Apple watch? I just don't see that happening. A pretty mechanical, yes it happens ...
No but most people do not pay any attention whether one wears a watch or not.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
19,624 Posts

Not unless I use Apple Pay. Other than that, it's just too common around here. Besides, I'm still using the plain Sport band, which isn't going to draw comments like an individualized aftermarket strap might.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I had an Apple Watch given to me as a gift about a year ago. Every time I wore it I felt like I was cheating on my mechanicals. I finally got around to selling it a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

I quit after about 2 weeks (that was a few years ago........AW2). Never got used to screen off mode.
Currently using Garmin D2 Charlie couple of times a week. Screen is always on and displays fair amount of info (HR, moon phase, day & date, steps, sunrise, sunset, pressure and pressure trend graph Plus 2 other time zone).

g1.jpg

Reactions: BlueWindWave

·
Registered
735 Posts

I doubt too many people care about what watches others wear or that too many people care about being complimented for his watch.

·
Registered
784 Posts

I adore my vintage Seikos and I adore my Apple Watch. I wear them all.

·
Registered
610 Posts

I sold my Apple Watch, bought an Apple Watch, sold my Apple Watch and bought an Apple Watch again about a month ago. I think I’ll keep it.

I wear the Apple Watch on the left. You don’t have to cheat on your preferred watch.

·
Registered
623 Posts

I wore my AW almost every day for about a year, but got tired of the constant notifications. That's when I started getting into mechanical watches. Now I only where my AW at night if I need a silent alarm to wake me up in the morning.

·
Registered
544 Posts

I decided to go back to a one watch collection like I had for many years before. Going to one watch, for me, meant going with a Rolex Explorer. I put my Apple Watch up for sale. Nice watch, but for me it would never replace a watch like my Explorer! Vance.

Reactions: mcmikey

·
Registered
202 Posts

Similar story here. I was addicted to my Apple Watch for over a year. I mean, addicted. If my wrist ever stopped buzzing for a few minutes I would crave the next notification, that next satisfying hit. I never missed headlines or sports scores. Texts and emails were responded to within seconds. If my 3 activity rings weren't closed by the end of the day, by God, I would close them.

Then one day while packing for vacation, I decided I didn't want to pack the extra charger. So I left the Apple Watch at home and slipped on an old pilot watch. I saw the light, and I'm never going back into the abyss again.

It can be a useful tool, but I feel life is better when an Apple Watch isn't constantly stealing my attention away from something else.

I wore my AW for about almost every day for about a year, but got tired of the constant notifications. Thats when I started getting into mechanical watches. Now I only where my AW at night if I need a silent alarm to wake me up in the morning.

·
Registered
170 Posts

I did the same. Used to wear my Apple Watch every day but ever since I got my Rolex Datejust 41, i just stopped picking up my Apple Watch and wore my Datejust most of the time. The only time I don't wear the Datejust is when I'm exercising or hiking.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts

I simply have no desire to buy another electronic widget let alone a crappy Apple Watch.

That’s the beauty of a real watch. You’re not connected to society and it’s BS.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

·
Registered
149 Posts

I picked one up as a running watch - apple pay, cell phone capability, gps / heart rate / etc. It lasted a day. My garmin was better for running, and it wouldn't come close to kicking my rolex off my wrist.

·
Registered
176 Posts

I think the AW has its place. Love it for working out and running, GPS, heart rate, etc. But at the end of the day when I'm ready to go to work our going out for the evening I always reach for a mechanical.

I can't see 20+ years from now the AW being something you would hand down to the kids, but a nice Rolex, Omega, now were talking!

1 - 20 of 272 Posts