WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no historic information on the web.
Of all those stores, only 2 have a pic, none a watch left (I bought the last)

This watch differs so much in several aspects from all other Vostok CT's.
Can anyone tell me something more about the history, place in the timeline & interesting backgrounds information.

The rudimentary tech info I know about (2416B, 31 jewels, auto)

Attachments

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,207 Posts
Nondisputandum said:
There is no historic information on the web.
Of all those stores, only 2 have a pic, none a watch left (I bought the last)

This watch differs so much in several aspects from all other Vostok CT's.
Can anyone tell me something more about the history, place in the timeline & interesting backgrounds information.

The rudimentary tech info I know about (2416B, 31 jewels, auto)
Perhaps Irina has some background on the Century Time series? e.g. when was it introduced, and why, and are there any CT models still in production.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello nondisputandum :) ,
I would be glad to help but detailed information cannot be provided before next week, as the person at the Vostok factory who is in possession of all information regarding CT, is on holiday now.
Shortly I can say the following: the Century Time series was produced at the beginning of the century by Vostok Capital Production - it was kind of joint venture between Vostok and an American company. However the activities of that Vostok department ended in 2004 and since then no watches have been produced. Century Time is definitely not produced any longer, so there might be some NOS watches offered here or there.
I hope some more info about the range of this series and other details will come next week. :think:

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
anima said:
like the face, hate the case.

Jeff
I agree.
Some time ago i was interested in this Vostok Century Time, but without RussArmy logo :-(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You seem to know a lot about it. Thank you.
So you really have contacts inside the factory? Wow, That's cool.
I really would like to know more. I'm rather (as a collector item to use, not to store) pleased with the fact that is not in production anymore. And thus no shop seem to have a comy anymore.. hèhè... grab my feeling of sheer joy here ;-) I'll post this info on my webpare referring to you. If you prefer not, just tell me. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, that's the well know case that looks/feels so much like the Breitling.
Nice watch indeed, was also one of my potential choices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts