WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I like H3 watches in general not only Luminox. personally I think there is no better illumination system for an analog watch, not even remotely. I got myself a KHS Navigator MKII about two months ago...

http://www.specopswatch.com/shop/pr...7_KHS-Navigator-MK-II-with-Silicon-Strap.html

...and it is in my opinion one of the best analog watches I ever had - the legibility under every light condition is absolutely stunning, so is the timekeeping - just about 1,5 seconds gain(+) since DST off.

regards, holger

·
Registered
17 Posts
Me, for one!

Mine is 7 or so years old, and other than battery and crystal replacement (I'm not dainty w/ my watches), it's been flawless. I've even taken it diving a few times to <50ft with no problems, and it's only a 100M rated watch. Hey, I wanted to see what would happen... :)

The "trasers" are just the cat's behind, which is why I wear the Luminox 99% of the time.

·
Registered
783 Posts
iv been lookin at the f-117 luminox for quite some time. and when i get enough money for one i always end up opting for 2 or 3 g shocks instead.. ill get one eventually though!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have two Luminox models right now, one I have had for several years. They are a good watch for the money and I think tritium is great at night.

Best, Mike

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
This is mine... I like this military watch, but i don't wear often as my Casio's or the other Mechanical watch of my collection... but I found is very, very "technical".

:thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone and thanks also for the pics, great models! I want a Luminox too, they look cool and young, I think it'd suit me well;-)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,
I had one for about 3 years, was recently stolen along with my G-300 when my house was broken into, It was OK, loved the lume, but not worth the $175.00 that I paid IMHO. BTW mine was the basic "plastic" one, don't remember the mod #

:thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sorry your Luminox was stolen :-( will you get a new one someday? well, I have seen some models and the series I like the most is the 3000-3400 Black Hawk stealth models...they rock:-! but the F-16 models are also nice. Here in Venezuela there's a shop where you can buy Luminox for $100 or more...I'll let you know if I get one because I cant afford now many things...:think: what would you buy if you were me, a Luminox, a Protrek PRG-80 or an Ipod?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I also have a Luminox type 2 traser. Best lume among my watches. No charging needed.

I just think that a possible weak point of the watch is the rotating bezel. Sometimes it feels as though it may come off because its plastic. Wish it had a screw in crown and caseback and 20mm lugs.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Love my Luminox #8401! Great size, superb lume and black!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Luminox are great watches

I have the F117 Nighthawk. Great watch. The only thing I hate is the PVD coating on bracelet and watch easily wears off unlike my DLC (diamond like carbon) hardened Mr-G 7100. Happy Holidays:)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I like the newer versions, the EVO line I think it's called. Bigger case (about 45mm without crown I think), sapphire crystal, 10yr battery. Not usually a fan of numbers on a watch face but there are ways around that. :)

Kev

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Ttitium tubes are great. A shame that they are not more widely available to watch manufacturers.
indeed

@ batman,

an Ipod, a Luminox or a Pro-Trek? I would get the Pro-trek, hands down. as great as a H3 watch is, but it can never keep up with all those great functions a digital watch (especially a Pro-Trek) offers you. and the Ipod can't save you when you get lost and need to find out in which direction you have to go....;-)

regards, holger

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hello Batman,
Call me a coward, but I don't want anything radioactive near my skin (tritium). I even feel paranoid about cell phones to be honest.

I think I mentioned big time Hollywood director, Ridley Scott, who is often seen wearing one.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,197 Posts
i like their style, but i still can't get pass the fact that it would be strapping on some radioactive substance on me for an extended period of time.

i know its just me, cause i have already read a lot of info on tritium and how the radiation dose [used in watches] is tiny as compare to a day out in the sun.

but less is less, and in this case, less is better to me :-D

·
Registered
500 Posts
+1 on the Marathons. I have an M16-II and a TSAR, both loved ones. I had a Luminox Navy Seal Series II, but I returned it soon after because I didn't like it (Luminox marketing primarily, the watch was ok)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts