WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have this IWC Aquatimer and I'd like to have a black leather strap made for it. I can't really buy typical straps due to the unique lugs. For example, you will notice the metal bracelet runs flush with the outer edge of the lugs. I would like a leather strap to do the same. If I bought a leather strap that fit the inside lug width, it would be very thin and look pretty lame. Any tips?

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
You're looking for what's called a notched strap. I bought a custom one from Clover straps and loved the outcome. I believe just about any custom strapmaker can do the same for you.

- Tappy Talkied

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great! I didn't know there was a name for that type of strap! I will check out clover straps.

·
Registered
36,277 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Also maybe try Stone Creek Straps and Aaron Bespoke (formerly Combat Straps)

When I submitted a thread some time ago regarding watch straps, I heard good things about both Stony Creek Straps and Aaron Bespoke. On top of those recommendations, I would recommend a guy by the name of Pavel Slow. He is on Etsy and makes excellent straps. I have had several custom straps made by him and he does a great job and is both flexible and very responsive as to what you are looking for in a watch strap.

@dhtjr- Inbox me when you can. I'm interested in your Sinn.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
​Check out Aaron Pimental from Combat Straps in Montreal. Exceptionally high quality work and uses sting ray which would compliment your IWC.....

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
​Check out Aaron Pimental from Combat Straps in Montreal. Exceptionally high quality work and uses sting ray which would compliment your IWC.....
I'll second him even though I haven't purchased anything yet, I most likely will be within the next couple of weeks. I've emailed him twice with questions and both times he has responded to me within an hour. Looking at stingray as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I will 3rd nominate combat straps. I have one strap from him. Great work and to the point!

Watch is mine. Pic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
whoever you choose to use, i recommend making sure that the strap maker is experienced making notched strap. It's not very common, and thus, may be a difficult project even for an experienced watchmaker (you don't want to be the guinea pig).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts