WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find that info online. But I am curious as to the manufacturer of these cool-looking watches.... (I ordered an SR-1). Any info appreciated, tia.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I imagine it's just one of the many generic Hong Kong or Chinese factories that almost all the microbrands use. County Comm (which I believe is the owner of the Maratac brand) probably just contracts with them to produce it. That's my assumption, anyway.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a reasonable explanation. thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't know anything other than Countycomm being the "owner" or "sales" of Maratac watches but I do know that they are great watches, especially in the bang for your buck category. Solid, well-built, accurate, good looking and great value. I do not have a Rolex, and have no business with one, but I do have many different brands and types of watch. I own an SR-1 and Large Pilot and they are very nice watches if you like the looks of them.

·
Vendor
27,683 Posts
This could be wrong, but I seem to recall they did their own assembly, I think in Montana (?), but most likely using either catalog parts or parts they had produced overseas. Their cases don't seem to be too ubiquitous.

I've seen a few close up, and they've always struck me as pretty well executed tool watches for the money.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
This could be wrong, but I seem to recall they did their own assembly, I think in Montana (?), but most likely using either catalog parts or parts they had produced overseas. Their cases don't seem to be too ubiquitous.

I've seen a few close up, and they've always struck me as pretty well executed tool watches for the money.
Yeah, that is what I thought too........own assembly. But I thought Northern California bay area. AFAIK, they are original designs, case and dial etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts