WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My first was bought in an airport around 1980. I had been given a gift of $100 after elementary school graduation. I liked the look of the watch and quickly spent ~$75 despite my father's disapproval. He just shook his head as I hopped a jet to visit the grandfather who had been so generous...me and my first watch. It is still running today.

·
Registered
880 Posts
My first serious watch. Got it when I was 17. Nothing interesting, really. Just got into college and my family thinks I'm old enough to have a nice watch that isn't a G-shock knockoff so they gave me some $ to get one and being a non-wis I was, Tag was the one that looked most appealing back then. Didn't keep it for long though. Sold it 2 - 3 years later to fund an Explorer II, but still regret it sometimes.

photos taken from my instagram. probably the only photo I have of the watch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My first watch was a Casio digital I got from my parents at christmas. The watch could play several melodies, including "When The Saints go Marching in". I loved that watch.

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
My first watch was a Timex automatic on an expansion bracelet, a gift from my grandparents when I was 8 years old. A skateboarding incident when I was 12 ended badly for the watch, which was destroyed, and for me. Forty years later I still have a scar on my left hand (from the pavement, not the watch).

·
Premium Member
9,270 Posts
A pulsar kinetic. I think I paid ~150$ for it. I completely destroyed it when I fell off a skateboard and landed on the road with my arm wedged under my body and the watch against the road. Then slid. I remember when I bought it thinking man this is a lot of money to spend on a watch. :)

Reactions: Quartersawn

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
So my grandmother gave me a beautiful gold Seiko automatic when I graduated high school. My very first semester in college I left it in the shower room, and when I went back it had disappeared. Good life lesson!

Then early post college years my buddy sold me an Omega Seamaster on the beads of rice bracelet. I wore it quite a few years then sold it.....I didn't really understand what I had. Wish I still had that watch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts