WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a thrashed and battered Tissot Aquasport based on a picture of only the outside. When it arrived and I opened it up, I found that someone had scavenged the parts for the sweep second function.

The pinion was damaged when they removed the driving wheel.

I tried in vain to find spare parts, but this seems like an obscure caliber for Tissot. Anyhow, I serviced it and cased it up. The movement runs well and keeps good time.

The dial and hands look great, in my opinion.

I like how it cleaned up, but I do wish I could find parts to replace the second hand.

Anyone happen to have a parts movement for a Tissot 17.5 handy? :think:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: petite boneyard

Yup, Jules Borel appears to have some of the parts, but it is hard for humble hobbyists to get accounts there. :(

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Every time I have needed a part they are out of stock. My father in law has an account with them and he never finds anything he needs in stock either.

Shoot Blake at scotchwatch an email and let him know what you need. He has pulled through for me quite a few times.

·
Registered
341 Posts

Yup, Jules Borel appears to have some of the parts, but it is hard for humble hobbyists to get accounts there. :(
What kind of account? I just ordered a crystal, crown, stem and gaskets from them last week. It was my first order and all I had to do was create a username and password.

Mike

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Some places (like JB) restrict branded parts & movements to full commercial accounts. I understand why they do it, but...sigh...

I have checked all those places but will have another look at Scotch Watch. Thanks for all the tips!

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Your Aquasport made me do it.....

s-l1600 (21).jpg

s-l1600 (22).jpg

s-l1600 (23).jpg

I suspect what is under the hood of this one though is a 17.5-21 with the Inca instead of Shock Resist like on yours. I saw it and shot the seller an offer right away. Surprisingly they took the offer. I usually stick to the 25% off or less. I think I have seen a jewels spring like that before for the seconds pivot but I don't remember where.

Did you have any luck in finding your parts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmm...I might have one of those pinions (and wheels) buried somewhere amongst a bunch of other parts. Unfortunately, it may have been among the handful of containers that have mysteriously gone missing. I will try to take a look this weekend, though, and see if I find anything. If I do, I will to send it to you (no charge).

·
Registered
86 Posts
So, after looking everywhere I could think of, I can't seem to find the spare parts. On the bright side, I did find some Cal. 27 parts that I thought had permanently disappeared. However, I can't find any of the 17.5 parts.

Over the next few weeks, I'm hoping to do some major cleanup operations. If I run across anything, I will let you know. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help (at least, so far) :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks, all, for checking and helping! No luck yet...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts