WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have much of a need for a second time zone.
OK...I know that these are just blurry pics, the patent application was way technical for me to understand it (in French (the other option was Chinese))...

I was just somewhat bored, but anyway Rolex it's developing this new caliber, maybe will see a completely new model released during Basel 2015.

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
That seems to be a peculiar approach to the complication -- to show the difference between the two time zones in a window. From a practical stand point, I'd rather see the actual time of the second time zone.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That seems to be a peculiar approach to the complication -- to show the difference between the two time zones in a window. From a practical stand point, I'd rather see the actual time of the second time zone.
Agreed. Instead of showing the time difference, it would be better if that dial showed the actual hour in the second time zone, then use the minute hand to know how many minutes past the hour (like the UN GMT does). I don't think that works in place like Afghanistan or India though, where the time difference is hours and half hour (Afghanistan is 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Zulu).

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember you posting the new TAG movement AAMC...You a patent lawyer or something?
Well, if you do a search on f20 you'll see that I've posted the patent application drawings of the Planet Ocean GMT, the Speedmaster Mark II, the deVille Tresor and the new Omega adjustable clasp before they were released, but no, I'm not a lawyer nor work on the IP field. I work in the pharma business (sales&marketing), one day I needed to know who was the patent owner of a certain INN and while doing the research I've entered a watch brand just out of curiosity...

Here is the link for this Rolex movement, use the links on the right to navigate to description, claims, drawings, etc.
(It's too much technical for me)

http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=EP&NR=2751622A1&KC=A1&FT=D&ND=&date=20140709&DB=&locale=en_EP

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
magrette

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Agreed. Instead of showing the time difference, it would be better if that dial showed the actual hour in the second time zone, then use the minute hand to know how many minutes past the hour (like the UN GMT does). I don't think that works in place like Afghanistan or India though, where the time difference is hours and half hour (Afghanistan is 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Zulu).
Looks like one sets the time difference and with press of a button, it will switch back and forth between the two timezone in the main time display. (From what I gather)

I may be wrong, but just going by what the description says.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Looks like one sets the time difference and with press of a button, it will switch back and forth between the two timezone in the main time display. (From what I gather)

That is what I am getting. Not sure I don't prefer just two sets of hands. I have a funny feeling they will case it in precious metals only which will make the price a little silly for a Rolex. I am fine with a Rolex up to about $13k after that too many HE watches are available.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Yup. I think you're right. After reading the description on the link, I'm comprehending it the same way.

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
I'm so programmed, I'd keep thinking that the # that appears in the window is today's date, even on the third day of a trip when it hasn't changed.

This one would certainly suffice for me though...

Cellini_Dual_Time_50525C_BS.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts