WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can get a wholesale price list? I have a family friend that can get Breitlings from an AD friend at cost but I don't want to bug him for prices of 10 different models. Is that information out there or is it effectively kept secret?

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,940 Posts
Hi Sutto,

I think your last speculation is on the money. I charge nothing for bad puns.:)
I cannot recall one discussion about wholesale prices other then to speculate what the average AD would discount relative to his MSRP. I think you would first have to stump up a fair anti to get into the business and then all would be revealed. Why not get hold of a chronolog 06/07 and narrow it down so you don't abuse the friendship when it comes to the nitty gritty of the deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Perhaps a way to back into the secret realm of wholesale prices would be to get some opinions from those more experienced members of the forum on what they believe the average mark-up to be.

I have seen discussion of discounts in the 30-35% range on this forum and would expect this means the typical mark-up from wholesale cost for these deep discount dealers would be in the 5-15% range.

This would leave you with taking between 40-50% off of the suggested retail price listed in the Chronolog to get to something close to a wholesale price.

I am certainly not one of the more experienced members of this forum, but this may generate some useful discussion to get you closer to the answer you seek.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Perhaps a way to back into the secret realm of wholesale prices would be to get some opinions from those more experienced members of the forum on what they believe the average mark-up to be.

I have seen discussion of discounts in the 30-35% range on this forum and would expect this means the typical mark-up from wholesale cost for these deep discount dealers would be in the 5-15% range.

This would leave you with taking between 40-50% off of the suggested retail price listed in the Chronolog to get to something close to a wholesale price.

I am certainly not one of the more experienced members of this forum, but this may generate some useful discussion to get you closer to the answer you seek.
I think your on the right track.
But, last year Breitling cut the dealer margins and 30% discounts disappeared.
I would hazard a guess that 40-35% off retail may be closer today. That margin may shift as the list price rises, smaller margin on a Colt higher margin on the more expensive margins

1 - 4 of 4 Posts